+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry pi and the delights of invisible media!

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Spent a couple of hours comparing Tidal to HD files on the SSD and CD Rips in Flac on the SSD.

Tidal is not floating my boat. It sounds like all the horrid digital stuff i have tried and avoided previously. I emailed Tidal and they called me with some advice to improve the quality but it made little if any difference. Impressed with the customer service.

HD Files via SDD are superb. I can't find a fault with it so on we go.

There you go. I will be using a Pi3+ via SSD to play stored files and control it via Volumio, connected to the Wifi.
    Well I never, I've been streaming via Tidal and remotely from my laptop for a while now.

Just tried some flac files on a USB stick directly connected to the pi and yes you are right it sounds much better!

Edit; Actually, having listened a bit more I'm not so convinced and using the LMS in the rpi is snail pace slow!
    Last edited by Intenso; 11-05-2019 at 07:47.
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by MrB71 View Post
    Yes, I would suggest trying it without the isolator first. Also, the isolator has a switch for master or slave and should be set according to how your boss dac is set.

How are you powering your setup?
    Ah ok, so how the isolator be set up for the Boss then ? And how i make any changes to slave master ? Im using an Audiophonics PSU with 2 USBs to power the Pi and Boss separately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by beermaniac View Post
    Ah ok, so how the isolator be set up for the Boss then ? And how i make any changes to slave master ? Im using an Audiophonics PSU with 2 USBs to power the Pi and Boss separately.

The boards themselves have switches on for master/slave. Its usually just plug and play though so doubt that's your problem. Also when powering up, the dac should be done first and then the pi. What isolator version is it Dave?

I'm Dave.

The boards themselves have switches on for master/slave. Its usually just plug and play though so doubt that's your problem. Also when powering up, the dac should be done first and then the pi. What isolator version is it Dave?
    Ah ok - its the latest version 1.3. Trying to set up again now!

I'm Wayne.

Ah ok - its the latest version 1.3. Trying to set up again now!

Just checked and the 1.3 defo needs to be set up in master mode, but as I say, should be plug and play already.

I'm Dave.

Ok trying to get sound from the Pi now - what should be the output settings?

I'm Wayne.

Ok trying to get sound from the Pi now - what should be the output settings?

select i2s as sound output and then pick Allo boss from the drop down menu

I'm Dave.

select i2s as sound output and then pick Allo boss from the drop down menu
    Sorry for being such a numpty but i am still trying to get a grip of this computer audio! Ok i have it working without the isolator fitted.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Intenso View Post
    Well I never, I've been streaming via Tidal and remotely from my laptop for a while now.

Just tried some flac files on a USB stick directly connected to the pi and yes you are right it sounds much better!

Edit; Actually, having listened a bit more I'm not so convinced and using the LMS in the rpi is snail pace slow!
    Ah, things moved on again after that to using files from a local NAS. I no longer recommend using the USB port.

Bigman80 Guest

Yes, I would suggest trying it without the isolator first. Also, the isolator has a switch for master or slave and should be set according to how your boss dac is set.

How are you powering your setup?
    The 1.3 isolator doesn't have a switch? . Its only compatible with master dacs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast