+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry pi and the delights of invisible media!

I'm Tony.

Well I just bought all the bits for this set up.

I currently have a LDA LPS running an rpi2/hifberry set up and have a spare Squeezebox Ifi power in a drawer somewhere.

Q, will my current LDA LPS work as is with this new set up or need adjustment?

T

Edit; both are 5v so should be fine
    Last edited by Intenso; 06-05-2019 at 12:41. Reason: resolved
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Curious as to why second power is into RPi rather than into the Isolator (then feeding the RPi)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The isolator doesn't feed the Pi. The V1 isolator can be powered (6.2 to 12V) which feeds the DAC, or 5V direct to the DAC, which feeds the isolator (subsequent versions also).

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    The isolator doesn't feed the Pi. The V1 isolator can be powered (6.2 to 12V) which feeds the DAC, or 5V direct to the DAC, which feeds the isolator (subsequent versions also).
    I’m using a Katana & Isolator stack Alan, the Tech guide gives instructions for powering the RPi from the Isolator with the other power supply into the MC.

This is how I’ve got it set up and seems to work just fine.

A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

Bigman80 Guest

I’m using a Katana & Isolator stack Alan, the Tech guide gives instructions for powering the RPi from the Isolator with the other power supply into the MC.

This is how I’ve got it set up and seems to work just fine.

We're using the Boss.

I'm Alan.

Ah, OK it is different with the Katana.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Ah, OK it is different with the Katana.
    Yes, I was wondering if it was possible to configure the Boss so that the Boss power input could be used for clean supply and the Isolator could be used for dirty (powering the RPi)?

A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

Bigman80 Guest

Yes, I was wondering if it was possible to configure the Boss so that the Boss power input could be used for clean supply and the Isolator could be used for dirty (powering the RPi)?

I power the Boss and Pi, no power directly into the Isolator. That's the way Allo say to do it.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I power the Boss and Pi, no power directly into the Isolator. That's the way Allo say to do it.
    Must be different for the Boss then (I haven’t looked at Boss docs).

The Katana + Isolator defaults from Allo are for connection via MC board + Isolator when the Isolator is in the stack.

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatsushiro View Post
    Yes. Avoid using Pi USB if possible, especially if the Pi is connected by ethernet.
    I used to use either flash or ssd via USB because setting up a NAS via ethernet was a bit of a pain (would need a bigger hole in the wall...).

Now use a partitioned micro SD card instead via the built in SD reader (a small partition for the OS and the other for albums)
    Quality is markedly better - storage is limited but I only have about 50 albums I listen to regularly so it's a no brainer for me

I'm Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatsushiro View Post
    Yes. Avoid using Pi USB if possible, especially if the Pi is connected by ethernet.
    I currently have two USB sticks directly in the pi. So would it sound better to use a spare pi as a NAS to hold these USBs, then link both to the router with Ethernet cables?

Or buy a 256gb micro SD and put my music on that?

Would both option likely improve on my current set up?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast