+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Slammed’s Hifi

I'm Chip.

Lovely room and great system. Thumbs up!

I'm Robin.

Great system and room Stuart, which I had that size of room.

Don’t know how I missed this post
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Adrian.

Some seriously nice kit and a very nice room you have there. I bet it all sounds great.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Stuart.

Some old pics that are missing from the thread

Starting to setup the new TT (excuse the back end of the hound)

First Piece of the vintage system in the lounge

Last edited by Slammed56; 08-10-2019 at 00:20.

I'm Stuart.

Lounge system taking shape nicely now after the long search for some large Tannoys ......3 years to be precise !!!
    I’m now chuffed to bits to say I’m the owner of these ex-Sawmill Studios Lockwood Majors
    The cabs are in fantastic condition for there age , one small tear in the cloth but not bad considering there 40+ years old ,crossovers are all original and seem to be working fine and the 15” HPDs that there loaded with are just back from Lockwood with some new cones fitted and a clean bill of health
    Sorry the pics are a bit on the dark side but you’ll get the gist

Rushing to get them in before the mrs sees them 😂

Back from Lockwood with a Fresh Recone

Don’t think my flea power amps going to cut it with these

Current position in the lounge and sounding good with some GM70 power

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Awesome, mate! I just love how they DWARF your existing [already very large] speakers!

Do you think she'll notice?

So... Did I, or what you heard that time at Scalford with the AoS system, influence your decision to get some Lockies?

Marco.

P.S Lovely system and room, btw!
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Stuart.

Cheers Marco and yes she noticed alright ��
    Yes ,the AOS room was the first time I’d heard big tannoys sounding the way I like to hear my music
    A lot of effort must have went into getting that system “on song “ and it showed on the day

Just need to search for a suitable power amp to drive them now !!!

I'm Martin.

Much bigger than the old ones but they fit the room better somehow.

good space for them too, bet they is going to sound killer.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed56 View Post
    Cheers Marco and yes she noticed alright ��
    Yes ,the AOS room was the first time I’d heard big tannoys sounding the way I like to hear my music
    A lot of effort must have went into getting that system “on song “ and it showed on the day

Just need to search for a suitable power amp to drive them now !!!
    Cool beans, lol... As for a power amp. why not go for the same one as mine [system listed below] - that's what you would've heard at Scalford!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Stuart.

It’s early days Martin but I’m liking what I’m hearing ��
    Think my wallets going to take a pounding as I research crossover upgrades and more powerful Amps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast