+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultrasonic Cleaner for LP Vinyl - 349.99

I'm Bob.

Default Ultrasonic Cleaner for LP Vinyl - 349.99

Anyone have a view on this? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liftable-...53.m1438.l2649

Seems an incredibly low price for what it is. Looks like an ultrasonic bath that you just lower your LP's into and they then rotate on a timer. Seems to have advantages in that you can clean multiples at once - even clean your lobster if you feel so inclined!

Only obvious disadvantage is that it doesn't protect the labels. Oh, and no CE marking that I can see. Too good to be true at this price....?
    Source: Orbe SE / SME IV / SAE 1000LT (again) / AT33 PTG II
    Source: AKAI GX-635D - Seriously Serviced by VintageTech
    Source: WD NAS / Cyrus Stream X2 / Chord DAVE
    Source: Oppo UDP-205 (CD/DVD-A/SACD)

Amplification: Icon Audio PS 3 Sig Phono + Audio Research LS27 + Musical Fidelity A5cr Power Amp
    Loudspeakers: ProAc Response D28
    Cables/stands: Mark Grant G1500HD + Linn K20 + Cat 5e
    Other bits: Okki Nokki keeping things clean

I'm Mike.

They're cheaper than that if you look around, a Polish seller has them at under 200 inc postage.

And someone on the HiFi Wigwam forum makes them for sale too and I'm sure they're under 300 all in.
    Last edited by mikeyb; 04-01-2019 at 12:09.

I'm Bob.

Thanks for that.

I was thinking more along the lines of is it likely to work? And continue working...............?
    Source: Orbe SE / SME IV / SAE 1000LT (again) / AT33 PTG II
    Source: AKAI GX-635D - Seriously Serviced by VintageTech
    Source: WD NAS / Cyrus Stream X2 / Chord DAVE
    Source: Oppo UDP-205 (CD/DVD-A/SACD)

Amplification: Icon Audio PS 3 Sig Phono + Audio Research LS27 + Musical Fidelity A5cr Power Amp
    Loudspeakers: ProAc Response D28
    Cables/stands: Mark Grant G1500HD + Linn K20 + Cat 5e
    Other bits: Okki Nokki keeping things clean

I'm David.

Whenever I read on forums, anything to do with vinyl cleaning machines, an important part seems to be the vacuuming dry and these don't have that facility.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    They're cheaper than that if you look around, a Polish seller has them at under 200 inc postage.

And someone on the HiFi Wigwam forum makes them for sale too and I'm sure they're under 300 all in.
    I've got one of these and it does work well. It does leave part of the record wet though, so I try them off with a microfibre cloth.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Paul.

I too have one, when washed I leave mine on a rack to air dry with a small USB fan from below, I also use rinse aid with mine and find that does keeps smearing to a minimum, If any smeared then I just gently go over with a micro-fibre cloth.
    Turntable - Pioneer PL-90. Cartridge - Audio-Technica AT-ART9. CD Player- Pioneer PD-91. Cassette Player- Pioneer CT-91a. Pre-Amp - Pioneer C-73 Ref. Power Amp - Pioneer M-73 Ref. Tuner- Pioneer F-91.
    Speakers - Pioneer S-2EX standmounts.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by p147 View Post
    I too have one, when washed I leave mine on a rack to air dry with a small USB fan from below, I also use rinse aid with mine and find that does keeps smearing to a minimum, If any smeared then I just gently go over with a micro-fibre cloth.
    Good idea with the USB fan. Might try that.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm John.

The ultrasonic bath in the OP's ebay one doesn't seem to have a heater.
    Unless I'm missing something.
    Which is entirely possible.

I've been using one of the ones made/sold by Spider from the WAM forum for a few months now. Very happy with it, never got fluid on labels. Suppose you could if you were clumsy/careless.

I'm Sandro.

I got my Velvet Vortex from Tim AKA Spider @ whm forum

It works really well apart from drying the records as mentioned here and I highly recommend it

Tim will also sell you the fluid and support the machine just in case let me know if you need contact details

I will send him a link and see if he can post here

I'm Bruce.

Despite the addition of a guard to keep the crayfish from escaping, you will need to consider the customs/import duty as it ships from China.

Best go with one of the suggestions above.

I have a Knosti (cringe?) which seems to work well but its all I have ever had and looking to upgrade as well.

I'm not really sure that something with a vacuum is the best solution, ultrasonic should clear all the dirt, after that, the least contact the better, I would assume.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast