+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time for info relating to a CD player....

I'm Lou.

Default Time for info relating to a CD player....

Evening all,

Firstly, go gentle with me as this is not only one of my first postings, but also I don't know how folks will feel ... me asking these questions....

I'm on the lookout for a CD player, to add in to my new system.... I already have the amp, speakers, and some nice old gear in the form of a Tandberg reel to reel and a Akai cassette player.... all working well together and zinging along giving me much enjoyment....

Now its time to add in the CD player, now I'm not looking for perfection, but something that is reliable... yes I've had a look around and seen all the high priced top end gear that may well of been in excess of say 2 to 3k back in the day..... and as nice as it may be its not for me... at present anyway....

I suppose Im looking for what some may call a "sleeper" you know, that player that was a mid range product that performed like a top end player....
    budget wise Im looking to spend somewhere around the £100 to £150 range.... Unless you can point me in the direction of a alternative less than a ton...lol..
    Obviously, specific model numbers would help but at this point any info is appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Lou

I'm Chris.

Hi Lou
    Looking back at CD players I have used that have remained reliable and sound great, I would go straight for a Marantz CD50
    it features a SPDIF out - if you wish to use an external DAC - but its analog out, being based on the famous TDA1541 is more
    than worthy of your attention.

I'm John.

I've got a Cambridge Audio Azur 340C you can have for £20 if you can be bothered coming to collect it (south Manchester/ Cheshire).

It is pretty decent except that the transport isn't the quitest but sound quality is very good for £20.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Parasound. CDPi1000 if you can find one, but any of the Parasounds would do.

Sony SCD XB790QS

Should both be a ton or less
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I have a Sony CD-XB930E player, which I am quite happy with used in my second system. They can be easily bought for around £50 - £75.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I have a Sony CD-XB930E player, which I am quite happy with used in my second system. They can be easily bought for around £50 - £75.
    Had one of those but I reckon the XB790 is better even without the fancy fixed laser mech.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm John.

I have a Sony CDP-791 (X-111ES) sat here doing nothing since I picked up a Lector CDP in the classifieds.
    Yours if you want it, £65 Inc P&P. Has Optical out + Fixed & Variable rca outs, + a working remote.
    PM me if interested.

I'm Lou.

Hi

Sorry for the lateness in replying to folk, .... been rather busy sorting out "stands" for the speaker set up...

Thanks to all who replied and the offers as well, have managed to get sorted out with a nice "Sony ES range " cd player.... which should be arriving this week sometime....

BR

Lou

+ Reply to Thread