+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from Sintra-Portugal

I'm Pedro.

Default Hi from Sintra-Portugal

Hi there

New to the forum but been a member of numerous other hi-fi forums for ages using the same nick.

I'm a Music lover and a Linn/Naim guy since the early 80's having owned several combinations over the years but I learned where to stop when you reach the point where you must spend thousands in order to improve the kit you've already have.

I'm a firm believer that the most important factor in getting audio nirvana is your listening room. If you don't have that sorted out, forget it. No matter how expensive your system is, you will only get a fraction of its potential if you don't take this into consideration. I don't waste any money on the so called room audio enhancements accessories but just plain everyday furniture like rugs, curtains, picture frames, a settee and so forth. Also, speaker placement is of the upmost importance and no way I put my racks between them but on a side wall instead. A dedicated radial spur with its own earthig is also a must.

My humble system consists of a black fluted Linn LP12/Cirkus/Ekos/ESCO Troika, Mogami T-Cable, Kore, Lingo, solid base kit resting on an original Sound Organization table, Naim 72 with NA 323K boards, HiCap, NAP180 placed on a DIY project based on the HI-FI Racks one into Neat Mystique2's speakers with Naim NAC A5 (2x4M) cables.

I know there's plenty of room for some serious upgrades but I live in the real world and this kit gives me tremendous pleasure where I can simply forget about the hi-fi and concentrate on the Music. Maybe a NAP 250 will come in the near future plus a Beresford Caiman SEG dac with Dorado PS to replace the Naim cd3.5 I've just sold.

Cheers,

Pedro
    Last edited by kota; 03-01-2019 at 19:17.

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Neil.

Default Hi from Sintra-Portugal

Welcome to the forum Pedro. Sintra is a beautiful place I stayed for a few nights recently along with Lisbon and Cascais. Am going back to the north in March, to Porto.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Pedro.

Thanks for the warm welcome
    Black fluted LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Lingo/Ekos/ESCO Troika, Black Mogami T-Kable, Naim 72K/HiCap/250, NACA5, Neat Motive SE2

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Pedro.

Agree - the listening room is the most important part of the system to get 'right'.

What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Pedro.

I'm eclectic when it come to music. The more it brings goose bumps and tears to my eyes, the better
    Black fluted LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Lingo/Ekos/ESCO Troika, Black Mogami T-Kable, Naim 72K/HiCap/250, NACA5, Neat Motive SE2

I'm Geoff.

Hello Pedro. Welcome to AOS.

There's a lot going on here, so just join in any chat that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Jim.

Hello Pedro,

Remember me? How are you getting on with that Troika?

Jim

+ Reply to Thread