+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Romania

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by DorinD View Post
    @Geoff, in case your base is in Bucharest, I am wondering if you are aware of local audiophile forums, maybe activating on some.
    I am completely unaware and happy to be put into the loop. Cheers.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Dorin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    welcome dorin
    we have many romanians here where i live , they are amazing at picking up scrap outside our house . average about 30 mins which is pretty good . good to have you on here
    Hi Phil, you mean scavengers of some sort? :-0

You know, "one man's trash is another man's treasure". Let me tell you my only regret; it happened in '92-'93 when I pass by a pair of Western Electric horns that were trashed by a cinema hall in the fervor of Dolby craziness. Something like these:

http://www.itishifi.com/2011/04/west...rear-view.html

but yellowish, like a piano resonance plate. That was years before knowing anything practical about horns; it was pure ignorance from my side, but even then...how could I pass by such an unique occasion of my life?!

Hope you do not throw similar things, I'd rather come seeing what it's all about :-)
    Last edited by DorinD; 09-01-2019 at 13:15.
    It's never too late having a happy childhood.

I'm Dorin.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    I am completely unaware and happy to be put into the loop. Cheers.
    Not that you've missed something, not that much of an action in the last years. Occasionally there are auditions of interesting or DIY stuff in a specifically rented place or a dealer. You can start looking on this forum run by an interesting folk nicknamed Momolo: http://www.hifi-stereo.eu/forum/index.php
    Regards,
    Dorin
    It's never too late having a happy childhood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12