+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tannoy Arden IIs crossover replacement

I'm sorted.

Default Tannoy Arden IIs crossover replacement

My Arden IIs came with replacement crossovers which were never fitted. Here are some pictures showing components used -

Do these look decent? + is it worth going to the effort of getting these fitted when I’m more than happy with the sound I’m getting? (I’ve established they’ve never been recapped)

Any input gratefully received.

I'm Geoff.

Having had over twenty pairs of Tannoys since the seventies, my rule is unless there's a problem, leave well alone.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    My Arden IIs came with replacement crossovers which were never fitted. Here are some pictures showing components used -

Do these look decent? + is it worth going to the effort of getting these fitted when I’m more than happy with the sound I’m getting? (I’ve established they’ve never been recapped)

Any input gratefully received.
    The components on those crossovers are pretty good, certainly the Jantzen caps and also the Air Core Wire Coils, and other inductors look quality, question is do you know if they specifically designed for your speakers with the existing drivers that are in them. If they were then it may very well be worth giving them a try. If you are not sure then you should get them checked out or you could end up with weird sounding speakers.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Shane.

Very neatly laid out. Nice!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm sorted.

It says '3828' on the box they came in but I know that's no guarantee they're correct. I'll see if I can track down the contact details for the chap I bought them off, he was very helpful & accommodating. I just wondered why, after going to all the trouble & expense of getting these made up, he never had them fitted?

I'm Martin.

Frank 'Cooky' is the man to ask. Although I think he recommends using the standard Tannoy crossovers.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread