+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody uses a SEG as a preamp?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Alp View Post
    I tried it for a while but soon reverted to a passive preamplifier. There seemed to be a veil.over the music. It may well be system dependent.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    That was my outcome too, great as a dac but sounded flat as a pre amp, booty to be fair it's more a dac/headphone amp than a pre amp

There has been a mod for the pre-amp section out for some months now. It is a major improvement over the standard pre-amp configuration. The change was only possible after the Dorado came out with its higher voltage output. If you have the Dorado already and would like that mod then email me. I should be able to do it for £25 with return postage for UK customers.

I'm Giovanni.

I bought the SEG off of you in December 2018 along with the Dorado, any other upgrades after I got mine?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    There has been a mod for the pre-amp section out for some months now. It is a major improvement over the standard pre-amp configuration. The change was only possible after the Dorado came out with its higher voltage output. If you have the Dorado already and would like that mod then email me. I should be able to do it for £25 with return postage for UK customers.
    That sounds good, unfortunately don’t have my SEG anymore as I don’t need a separate DAC, I’ll keep a note of that upgrade though in case any one else asks about the SEG as a pre.

I'm David.

The SEG is a great DAC but I do prefer it with a passive preamp.

I'm Giovanni.

Ok, will drop the idea and keep the AR SP9 in place next to the Gyrodec

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123