+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wtd: Plinth for Technics SP-10 MKII

I'm Mike.

Default Wtd: Plinth for Technics SP-10 MKII

OK, I'm back looking for a plinth for my SP-10 as it transpires that, unfortunately, Angus is no longer able to make me one as arranged.

So, new or used is fine, must be able to accommodate a Rega geometry arm (I have an OL Silver arm) and ideally have a replaceable armboard, just in case

Anybody have anything ?
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    OK, I'm back looking for a plinth for my SP-10 as it transpires that, unfortunately, Angus is no longer able to make me one as arranged.

So, new or used is fine, must be able to accommodate a Rega geometry arm (I have an OL Silver arm) and ideally have a replaceable armboard, just in case

Anybody have anything ?
    Oh, lack of Panzerholtz?

Look here:

https://www.acoustand.co.uk/products...linth-system-2

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Oh, lack of Panzerholtz?

Look here:

https://www.acoustand.co.uk/products...linth-system-2
    No, he won't be taking on any new work in the near future. Very disappointing, as I'd already waited a good few weeks to receive a drawing / quote etc.

Bigman80 Guest

No, he won't be taking on any new work in the near future. Very disappointing, as I'd already waited a good few weeks to receive a drawing / quote etc.
    That's a shame. He's not been well for a few weeks with a reoccurring chest infection and I know he's been inundated with enquiries. He's a retired guy so I don't blame him for taking a bit of the work off.

I'll keep my eyes open for a plinth.

What may be worth doing is going for a slate plinth. Any reputable company will have the machinery to follow the diagram which is easily found online.

I'm Mike.

That's a shame. He's not been well for a few weeks with a reoccurring chest infection and I know he's been inundated with enquiries. He's a retired guy so I don't blame him for taking a bit of the work off.
    Yes, I entirely agree.

All the same, it would have been nice to have been told earlier, as I'm now a month further in, with no plinth on the horizon.

Still, we are where we are.

Not a great fan of slate.

I'm Robert.

I'll keep my eyes open for a plinth.

What may be worth doing is going for a slate plinth. Any reputable company will have the machinery to follow the diagram which is easily found online.

Very true, He's sought all over and has been for many years so can have a lot to get through at times.

Have had plenty of dealings with him, he's more than a tech / engineer in the sense that I regard him as a mate too.

He's had to battle chest infections which can be a bit debilitating, medications can come with side effects sometimes which is another challenge if you know what I mean.

Either way, Slate is indeed an option but like you I've never been drawn to it.

Personally It'd have to be Panzer' or another 'good' wood.

A bespoke Ebony plinth, for instance would probably cost a bomb though.

All the best with it - SP10 does deserve a plinth that will compliment and bring out the best of it's exceptional qualities
    Last edited by RobbieGong; 30-12-2018 at 18:38.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

Yes, I entirely agree.

All the same, it would have been nice to have been told earlier, as I'm now a month further in, with no plinth on the horizon.

Still, we are where we are.

Not a great fan of slate.
    I can't speak for the man but as someone who has been a customer of his for some time, I can only report first class service. I can only imagine there's a good reason, as there is usually.

I understand the frustration too. It's impossible not to be frustrated when you have one of the best DD turntables sitting there unused.

Corian? Massy plinth? A guy on eBay does concrete plinths which I quite liked.

I'm Colin.

Northwest analogue do various slates , you could see if there is a coriander manufacturer as that would make a good plinth?

Colin

I'm Colin.

Although coriander may make a pleasant smelling plinth I did mean Corian.

I'm Colin.

Another thought was Carl Ellis ,I think it’s Ellis, made lenco plinths so don’t know if he would be worth speaking to he’s on Lencoheaven forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast