+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JPW AP2 loudspeakers (pair)

I'm Simon.

Default JPW AP2 loudspeakers (pair)

I'm reluctantly ready to pass on my first ever pair of proper hifi speakers - a pair of JPW AP2s. I've owned them since new and done my best to look after them well but my family haven't always been quite as careful - as you can see there are a number of scratches on them and a bottom corner of one has taken a bit of a bash but these are solidly built speakers!

The cones are all original but as you can see in one of the pictures I have replaced the foam surrounds on the woofers as the originals disintegrated. I used replacement surrounds that were recommended by someone on this forum but unfortunately I can no-longer find the post so I can't tell you what they are exactly. I can tell you that the cones move freely in their new surrounds but I'm not sure that they're fully run-in yet.

These are very heavy so I would prefer the buyer to collect from Harlow but I can also deliver locally. I work in Bar Hill, Cambridgeshire so can potentially drop them off in that area too. If you want to hear them before you buy then that can be arranged if you're happy to collect from Harlow. Otherwise they're sold as seen.

I have literally no idea what they're worth so I'm picking £75 as a random asking price. Please feel free to make me an offer by PM if you think they're worth less than that!

More information about the AP2s is available here.

Cheers,

Simon.

Last edited by foxysounds; 31-12-2018 at 11:07. Reason: Added asking price and link to tech. specs.
    System 1: Marantz CD6000OSE, Beresford TC-7520, Marantz PM6010OSE, QED QNect II interconnect, Dual CS505 Mk3 turntable with Audiotechnica AT110E cartridge, Denon DRM-700A cassette deck, biwired B&W 685 S2 speakers on sand-filled Atacama SE24 supports.
    System 2: Marantz M-CR610, JPW Gold Monitors, Chord C-Screen speaker cables, NAS drive.
    System 3 (portable): Cayin N3
    My website: Foxysounds website
    My music: Foxysounds music

I'm Geoff.

Simon, a price is required, please read the rules. You'll need to estimate the value of the speakers.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Simon, a price is required, please read the rules. You'll need to estimate the value of the speakers.
    Apologies Geoff - I've added an asking price.
    System 1: Marantz CD6000OSE, Beresford TC-7520, Marantz PM6010OSE, QED QNect II interconnect, Dual CS505 Mk3 turntable with Audiotechnica AT110E cartridge, Denon DRM-700A cassette deck, biwired B&W 685 S2 speakers on sand-filled Atacama SE24 supports.
    System 2: Marantz M-CR610, JPW Gold Monitors, Chord C-Screen speaker cables, NAS drive.

I'm Steve.

Thumbs up

Great speakers. Assembled by prison inmates if my memory serves me correctly. worth the cash i would say.

I'm matt.

These are excellent speakers and seriously good value for money IMO.

I'm Lawrence.

Would you mind adding a picture of the front of the other speaker please Simon?

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Would you mind adding a picture of the front of the other speaker please Simon?
    Hi Lawrence,
    I can't remember which one I photographed as a close-up in the first place so I've done them both again. Here you go:

Regards,

Simon.

I'm Lawrence.

Thanks Simon, just exploring another opportunity that's come up but will keep these in mind, they're supposed to be great with valve amps if you're on a budget ie a poor man's Snell.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Should make for a great buy - I only know the AP1 and liked them...

To minimise scratches on 'black ash,' try black boot polish. Used with discretion it works well
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Simon.

Price reduced to £65 & I'll throw in a cup of tea if you come and try before you buy :-) I would recommend the buyer to listen first if possible as they've been repaired.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast