+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS Croft 5C parallel EL84 Power Amp

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    That’s fine I will keep an eye on the thread just in case. I like my bass as well but generally like the bits that valves do I think better and can live with the perceived reduced bass. However I once owned a lowly powered Oto and with the right speakers the bass was excellent. I think it’s more to do with partnering the right equipment.
    No lack of bass. None at all!

montesquieu Guest

Alan most kindly brought this down to me today and we had a bit of a listening session. Most of this was focused on my main system kit, during which we slotted in an OTL amp that Alan had built, which while only 6w sounded rather nice with the big Tannoys. Subsequently we plugged in his Kin preamp with internal phono stage, which slotted in very nicely indeed and when switched to MM partnered very well with the Miyajima ETR-Stereo step-up. Very pleasant morning (even if Alan arrived earlier than I had anticipated!).

We didn't get round to listening to the Croft which - astonishing - is my first bit of Croft kit. I subsequently put it in the study system where it's absolutely superb with the smaller Tannoys.

Lovely to meet Alan at last and his good wife Shirley and delighted with the Croft.

I'm Alan.

Delighted to hear the Croft is doing the business in the study system.

Was great to meet up Tom, chew the cud on matters hi-fi, listen to some great music and spectacular kit.
    A most excellent session.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12