+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Visit to Firebottles - 2 Years On!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Yup , been reading this thread with interest James . There's a strong possibility that I was with you that day two years ago and was the recipient of Alan and Shirley's kind hospitality , and a very nice lunch too
    Alan's system sounded excellent that day , and yes I'm a big fan of the 57s .
    It never ceases to amaze me when I see what can be done with the Lenco GL75 .
    Alans is a beauty mate. The plinth, feet and super Lyra cartridge really make it sing!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    James you could dip your toe so to speak by trying a couple of mono 23 step attenuators, for under £40 :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Valab-23-...FycQ:rk:6:pf:0

Possibly too coarse an adjustment to stay with but worth a try?

@Brian, yes you were here that day

Do you know how much the mono Khozmos are Alan?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    $95 each.

I'm Andrew.

The Lenco could be brought on even further with a decent external PSU and tachometer feedback system like this one :-

pheonix.jpg

The massy plinth does help alongside careful attention to coupling. Numerous arms will fit straight into the Lenco top plate.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Alan.

The Acoustic Dimension mono attenuators are £105 each.
    http://www.acoustic-dimension.com/at...ators-main.htm

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    The Acoustic Dimension mono attenuators are £105 each.
    http://www.acoustic-dimension.com/at...ators-main.htm
    They look rather nice.

I'm Alan.

The stereo remote is the one I fitted to the KIN.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    The Lenco could be brought on even further with a decent external PSU and tachometer feedback system like this one :-

pheonix.jpg

The massy plinth does help alongside careful attention to coupling. Numerous arms will fit straight into the Lenco top plate.
    I think Alan was thinking of an external PSU and tachometer -SOTA are going to manufacture the Roadrunner and Eagle again I think.

I'm Andrew.

I think Alan was thinking of an external PSU and tachometer -SOTA are going to manufacture the Roadrunner and Eagle again I think.
    Jim what does SOTA stand for?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

OK, found the thread.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast