+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What constitutes a grounding box?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    FFS.
    Didn't the measurements directly show an increase in noise floor? Or did I read that wrong?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Didn't the measurements directly show an increase in noise floor? Or did I read that wrong?
    They do but not by a massive amount. But that was only with one cable connected.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They do but not by a massive amount. But that was only with one cable connected.
    Ah, ok.

I'm Deleted.

How ‘massive’ the noise generated is directly depends on how long the connecting cable is - or aerial as it is otherwise known. The more cables you attach the more aerials are created.
    Account Deleted

I'm Martin.

That's what I was saying before. Get the level of noise up to the point where it is audible as 'improved soundstage' and off you go. But the box itself doesn't actually do anything, the wire inside it you are plugging into is just an extension of the aerial. If there is a genuine tweak here then it can be done a lot cheaper.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Bernard.

Default What constitutes a grounding box?

Have anyone of you tried the damn box instead of trying to make some unfounded theories?

Mark. & Martin comments could be applied to everything related to hifi ... cables, tt, CD players, ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Berni217 View Post
    Have anyone of you tried the damn box instead of trying to make some unfounded theories?

Mark. & Martin comments could be applied to everything related to hifi ... cables, tt, CD players, ...

The theorising is based on the independent measurements of one such device I posted earlier on in the thread. Granted they are just theories, not facts but they are not unfounded. IMO if the device does have a real effect then what has been suggested is likely, although not certainly, how it does it.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm brian.

Yep, everyone s deriding the thing without even hearing one. And the people that have tried it like it !

I'm Bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The theorising is based on the independent measurements of one such device I posted earlier on in the thread. Granted they are just theories, not facts but they are not unfounded. IMO if the device does have a real effect then what has been suggested is likely, although not certainly, how it does it.
    ... because you trust any said independent reviews written on the net!? I only trust my judgment and my ears!

Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm Geoff.

Scientologists use a similar box I think, or is that something else? Anyway, I'm sure they're convinced about whatever it is their box does.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast