+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What constitutes a grounding box?

I'm gone.

You can get cheapo ones from China - less than £20 in a nice looking rosewood box.

Some folks on another forum whose ears I do trust say the ridiculously priced ones (£300-500) do work to improve sq. Quite markedly so, allegedly.
    So I have invested in a cheapo one from China, should arrive mid January.

Waddya mean there's one born every minute?

My vaguely thought out plan is to loan my Chinese one to the guy who forked out £500 to see how he thinks they compare.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    My vaguely thought out plan is to loan my Chinese one to the guy who forked out £500 to see how he thinks they compare.
    He'll probably be too busy polishing his gold plated fuses to try it.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Get a used xmas present box, take a massive shit in it, enjoy
    brilliant!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    You can get cheapo ones from China - less than £20 in a nice looking rosewood box.

Some folks on another forum whose ears I do trust say the ridiculously priced ones (£300-500) do work to improve sq. Quite markedly so, allegedly.
    So I have invested in a cheapo one from China, should arrive mid January.

Waddya mean there's one born every minute?

Don't do that - tell them you have paid £1,000 for it, that way it must 'sound better'.
    Barry

I'm Dennis.

Maybe I'm being an arrogant supposed objectivist, but I didn't read through it all because my reaction was so; "This is ridiculous.

Surely if the wire is connected to earth then all the noise is shunted to ground.

I'm Simon.

I think the point is that the boxes aren't connected to ground, they're just connected to the hfi, so all they do is potentially spray, very, very small ground currents all over the place.

Whatever they do it isn't higher fidelity
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Maybe I'm being an arrogant supposed objectivist, but I didn't read through it all because my reaction was so; "This is ridiculous.

Surely if the wire is connected to earth then all the noise is shunted to ground.
    The box is not a ground/earth they just call it that for marketing purposes.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Tony from Coherent brought one in for me to plug into my system

Sceptical I was. Very sceptical.

The ears do not lie however. The improvements are big.
    The more cables you connect to it the better the sound quality.

Anyone who can pop over to North West Surrey can hear for themselves

This is the Coherent RTZ. A heavy lump of Unobtainium about the size of a big paperback with RCA and other connections
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Bernard.

Default What constitutes a grounding box?

After reading a lot about grounding boxes and getting in touch with people who have actually tried one in their systems, I have decided to take the plunge and recently bought a second hand Entreq Silver Minimus and some cables off Tony at Coherent Systems.…

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...-grounding-box

Tony was really a gent as he delivered them personally to me and gave me some recommendation on the best way to use this pretty little wooden box.

I was very sceptical at first but after a few minutes of listening, my systems which was already well balanced and lovely imho was transformed ... Lower noise floor, increased soundstage, texture and depth ... The changes have even improved since ... All with 2 cables connected to my Pre.

I can honestly say that this has been one of my Best Buy to date...

Trying & listening is believing and it seems that most of the negative comments so far are from people who have not tried a well developed grounding box in their systems. If you believe that quality cables can make a difference, you might be amazed by the improvements brought by a grounding box!

I have no other connections with Entreq or Tony from Coherent Systems. Anyone in the Oxfordshire/Berkshire area (and beyond) is welcomed to have a listen to my systems (mainly analogue).

Cheers,
    B.
    Last edited by Berni217; 30-12-2018 at 19:21.
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm Simon.

FFS.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast