+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: What constitutes a grounding box?

I'm Mike.

Test

Removed just 3 cables to the RTZ. 2 from the CD/Pre, 1 from the Power Amp.
    Played. Seemed constrained to me, limited.

Plugged the 3 cables back in
    Complete sound. Wider, more detail.

Referred to the boss with her one golden ear.
    "The second one was definitely better"

Taking all the cables out, and putting them back in again will take quite a bit longer. Can do this for the enquiring visitor
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Dennis.

You are right Mike, you can't unlearn anything; our brain is a survival tool.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    You are right Mike, you can't unlearn anything; our brain is a survival tool.
    I managed to unlearn most of what I was taught at school.

I'm Grant.

I've unlearned most things I found in needed, to make room for that, that is.
    There is only so much free space in this ram
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I managed to unlearn most of what I was taught at school.
    The only thing I've unlearned is how to write properly. My handwriting is now appalling (and to think I used to do calligraphy ).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The only thing I've unlearned is how to write properly. My handwriting is now appalling (and to think I used to do calligraphy ).
    Very little remains with me from most subjects, apart from English and history.

Geography: I just about remember how ox-bow lakes are formed

Chemistry: I remember the formula for sulphuric acid

Physics: A complete blank

Latin: Caesar ederat, Brutus ad sum tu. Caesar sic in omnibus, Brutus sic inat.

Maths: Something about pies being squared

French: Honi soit qui mal y pense

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Very little remains with me from most subjects, apart from English and history.

Geography: I just about remember how ox-bow lakes are formed

Chemistry: I remember the formula for sulphuric acid

Physics: A complete blank

Latin: Caesar ederat, Brutus ad sum tu. Caesar sic in omnibus, Brutus sic inat.

Maths: Something about pies being squared

French: Honi soit qui mal y pense
    Ah. Oxbow lakes are redundant river meanders.

I still know a bit of useful chemistry.

Physics? I'm not too bad on.

Latin? Not a hope.

My maths is OK.

French? Well I'm half French!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Are these grounding boxes you've been talking about different from Russ Andrews' stuff?

https://www.russandrews.com/the-rf-router-mk-2/

It can connect to an outdoor earth spike (legal) and he sells you nice woven Kimbercable grouding wires which of course keep out the RFI. An easy way to give him several hundred quid.

I'm Simon.

Yes, we're talking about a number of different bits
    ENTREQ- wooden cigar boxes full of pointless shit
    Coherent GTZ- a grounding box that actually does ground.
    Russ Andrews, - a grounding box that does ground
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm bob.

No!

The Russ Andrews item, once your hifi casework is connected to it, then needs to be connected to ground which would normally be a garden spike. It is not a ground itself.

Most others are 'floating' grounds which can be connected to casework, but more likely to the negative side of a terminal such as an RCA or other terminal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast