+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: What constitutes a grounding box?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by earsopen View Post
    Mike has made a very generous offer to demo his system but it would not surprise me if the cynics refused just in case they can hear a difference. The truth is that differences (improvements) are so easy to hear that it would mean a complete rethink for somebody who is sceptical.

I'd be happy to go to Mike's for a listen but he is several hundred miles away. I'm not cynical but I am sceptical and I don't accept that simple, sighted listening (by me or by anyone else) is enough to confirm that we have some sort of new science going on here (because what ever it is doing it has nothing to do with 'grounding' in electrical terms).
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Simon.

We're getting confused here, the Entreq grounds nothing, it has no mains earth link. The rtz is a different fish, apples and oranges.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    We're getting confused here, the Entreq grounds nothing, it has no mains earth link. The rtz is a different fish, apples and oranges.
    Still has no mains earth link tho' ...
    The RTZ, that is.
    Last edited by Stratmangler; 04-01-2019 at 20:08.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Okay, if the effect is immediate with yours you could also do a rudimentary blind test, maybe get the mrs to plug and unplug it while you listen without looking?
    The results were immediate and obvious when each cable was plugged in
    The boss refuses to touch the kit
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong Mike but I believe Tony claims the RTZ box works in a different way to the others on the market as indicated in your thread on TAS...

There is no rocket science here, just grounding principles taken to a particularly conclusion which produces the desired results

Vertex Aq, Entreq and Nordost all have products which claim do produce a similar condition

However on this occasion measurements will tell you what you need to know with these products.
    Struggle with the tech and this grounding seems akin to magic.
    Tony spent a few years before he was ready to let a grounding box into the wild having looked at the competition.
    The advantage of his is the amount of connections that can be made without spending £1000s on more boxes.
    Seems logical to have *one* grounding box too
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

I'd be happy to go to Mike's for a listen but he is several hundred miles away. I'm not cynical but I am sceptical and I don't accept that simple, sighted listening (by me or by anyone else) is enough to confirm that we have some sort of new science going on here (because what ever it is doing it has nothing to do with 'grounding' in electrical terms).
    Stab at being technical
    All kit has an operating voltage of zero to x.
    Kit doesn't seem to get to zero or even moves around so is not operating right.
    This seems to have a knock on to sound quality
    The grounding works on the box it is connected to by taking the voltage that should be zero to zero.
    All connections are to RCA and other sockets via the outer (ground ?)
    No earth connections. These are different

Mike

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    The results were immediate and obvious when each cable was plugged in
    The boss refuses to touch the kit
    With devices such as this sighted listening is not good enough. Needs to be tested when you don't know whether it is in the system or not. Don't know of you have ever tried any blind comparisons but it can be much harder to spot the difference when you don't have that prior knowledge.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

With devices such as this sighted listening is not good enough. Needs to be tested when you don't know whether it is in the system or not. Don't know of you have ever tried any blind comparisons but it can be much harder to spot the difference when you don't have that prior knowledge.
    Due to laziness I prefer to go up. Although I can go both ways

Advantages of going up : You hear the additional
    Going down : Not always easy to work out what has diminished or been lost.

I'm convinced the sound is better with the RTZ

Mike

I'm Mike.

A big part of what constitutes a grounding box are the cables.

Yes they make a difference.

Visit from Tony, The Doctor yesterday with new, burned in 6D cables to replace the 4D I started with on the RTZ

I chose to upgrade having heard the difference before.

Test
    Tony changed one 4D for one 6D.
    Big step up heard in the first few bars. Like the volume has been clicked up a couple of notches.
    Such detail
    The sustain goes on and on.

Swapping more cables sound even better

Whatever grounding box you choose audition the cables

Not surprisingly Tony's (Coherent) take on grounding boxes is different to what the competition have.
    My guess is he has it sorted.

Mike

I'm gone.

I have to admire Mike's tenacity posting on this thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast