+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What constitutes a grounding box?

I'm Bernard.

Default What constitutes a grounding box?

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Well put Martin, I think your response pretty much mirror's my feelings on the subject.

Eh! You don't use tweaks, yet you report some improvement. Where exactly? Have you tried the grounding box in your equipment and then heard an improvement? I don't understand your comments, can you clarify?
    Please read my post ...
    Reading your signatures, you are using many many more tweaks than me in your systems Mr.

Anyway, I am just a music lover and you should ask the experts how these boxes work ... my understanding is that the Entreq use piezo electric material to convert RFI into heat.

The Silver Minimus Entreq works for me, in my system. It might not work in others but I don’t really care!

This thread is becoming ridiculous because of you people who have not tried these boxes and are writing some elaborated and unfounded judgment.

Like anything Hifi, please get in touch with a dealer and get a home demo,it will cost you almost nothing!

This is my last post on this topic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Berni217; 01-01-2019 at 16:50.
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm Alan.

OK I have a theory, but that's all it is. Hear me out.

These days we are all surrounded by radio/mobile/TV/wi-fi radio frequency (RF) signals, a lot in fact.
    The tests performed on the grounding box were only at audio frequencies.

When in a patchy mobile coverage area I have found that standing next to a metal lamp/electricity pole improves things.

Exactly how all this RF impacts on the performance of any system is questionable, but having a lump of unobrainious material may just act as a local RF sink that concentrates the RF fields away from system, to the benefit of the system as a whole.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't understand why you were surprised as you've tried a lot of <debatable> tweaks in your system (mains cables, special fuses, special stands, cones, weights etc) and you always report an improvement. Didn't you also find that putting granite place mats on top of the RTZ and 'black ravioli' feet under it improved the sound?

Sorry but I don't really buy your line that you were sceptical about this device to begin with and were amazed that it had an effect.
    All tweaks are debatable Try before you buy
    What is in this system now works and very well.
    A Grounding box seemed a flight of fancy to me, maybe there could be a subtle difference - I thought
    The RTZ comes with Black Ravioli fitted.
    The improvements were noticeable with each cable added
    Yes, I tried a granite placemat on the RTZ, knowing it wouldn't make any difference. Surprised it did.
    A brick would probably work as well just won't look so good

As above I can demo this in North West Surrey
    Try any of the tweaks above in any decent system and there will be an improvement.

Grounding boxes is Mains cables squared in most places.

If anyone wants to hear more from their system try some, all of this stuff out.
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Berni217 View Post
    Please read my post ...
    Reading your signatures, you are using many many more tweaks than me in your systems Mr.

Anyway, I am just a music lover and you should ask the experts how these boxes work ... my understanding is that the Entreq use piezo electric material to convert RFI into heat.

The Silver Minimus Entreq works for me, in my system. It might not work in others but I don’t really care!

This thread is becoming ridiculous because of you people who have not tried these boxes and are writing some elaborated and unfounded judgment.

Like anything Hifi, please get in touch with a dealer and get a home demo,it will cost you almost nothing!

This is my last post on this topic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aha, so you do use a "tweak" in the form of a grounding box, earlier, you said you didn't?? To date I have made no comment or opinion on how these components work. I'm open to try one, and yes I love to "tweak" hi-fi. So I would suggest you read MY posts before posting any further additional confusing and confrontation replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    OK I have a theory, but that's all it is. Hear me out.

These days we are all surrounded by radio/mobile/TV/wi-fi radio frequency (RF) signals, a lot in fact.
    The tests performed on the grounding box were only at audio frequencies.

When in a patchy mobile coverage area I have found that standing next to a metal lamp/electricity pole improves things.

Exactly how all this RF impacts on the performance of any system is questionable, but having a lump of unobrainious material may just act as a local RF sink that concentrates the RF fields away from system, to the benefit of the system as a whole.

Well, it sounds as good as anything else.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Simon.

Alan how does it sink this rf? Through the extraneous wire that connects it to the hifi???

Or do you believe it 'clears the air' to coin a phrase? In which case plugging it directly to the wall is a better sink, surely?

On one hand we have a guy with an Audio Precision showing it injects 30db of broadband noise into a connected device and on the other hand we have vapid conjecture.

I'm ok with the line ' I like the sound of an extra 30db of broadband noise polluting my signal path' people are want to
    like all sorts on un-fi shit.

I look forward to the manufacturer showing any case in which it reduces noise. Roflmao...
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Adrian.

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Grant.

we are straying toward insulting folks opinions tho, so remember folks, this is a subjectivist site and folk are allowed to discuss this without being slagged off..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Alan how does it sink this rf? Through the extraneous wire that connects it to the hifi???

Or do you believe it 'clears the air' to coin a phrase? In which case plugging it directly to the wall is a better sink, surely?
    Roflmao...
    I didn't say I believed anything, I put forward a theory that's all.

Perhaps it acts as an RF field concentrator that removes the concentration from the hi-fi boxes? Sink is the wrong word.

I'm Mick.

This thread has made me smile..
    Some post are serious and some not so...
    I did a google on Entreq and found a lot of adverts, Lots of shops selling these ??
    I also found a discussion from 2 years ago titled...
    "VEntreq: $9,000 for a Wood Box of Dirt" There are some good posts (Worth a read if you liked this thread)

Its here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/entr...f-dirt.828707/

PS Happy New Year to everyone

I'm Dave.

In post 87 I gave a hint of a suggestion - but not an explanation. The suggestion that the box raises the noise level - could perhaps have an effect, but not at the levels suggested. To get any effect the noise level would have to be (IMO) around or above the threshold of audibility. Measurements way down below the threshold of audibility - no! Not credible - IMO.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast