+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast

Thread: My 2019 Update Thread - My final system I think.

I'm Lloyd.

Room’s looking great
    Last edited by Swann36; 24-03-2024 at 07:41. Reason: Grammar
    A widower finding solace in music

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Thanks all.

Seen it done elsewhere with the dummy head, a glass skull as well.
    Looks cool, but not for me I think!

Found a spot, like them up there on the wall.

And no creepy standing in the corner
    This review has just been put out by IIWI -I agree with everything he says about the Meze headphones as I had a pair myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzKx_jufxqo
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Gary.

Thanks for the link James,
    interesting watch.

These are great headphones, I like them a fair bit better than the Beyer Amiron Home's I had a while back.
    Im going to enjoy these.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Brian.

Glad you're enjoying the headphones mate. Lighter nights coming so I'll be over for a visit soon to hear them. With Grant's passing I've realised that it's important to visit friends more often
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Gary.

Too true Amigo, too true.

miss the days of the Scottish Mafia, glad Grant made it to a few of the meets.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yeah me too. We should arrange something mate.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Gary.

100% Ali.

Time to get the band back together, life’s too short.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Sounds good.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Gary.

Latest round of tweaks to the system, tweaking the vinyl and digital playback setups.

VINYL TWEAKS - TURNTABLE ISOLATION

Really enjoying going fully balanced with vinyl, a step in the right direction noise limiting wise, and the new Proj-ect Deck is a nice upgrade on my previous Rega P10.
    Plenty of room for improvment though, particularly with upgrading the Ortofon Quintet Blue MC, sounds great as is, but the X8 turntables capable of handling a much better cartridge.

Thats further down the line though, so looked at getting the 'Infrastructure' sorted first before I go looking at cart upgrades.
    My Hifi rack is a Stands Unique glass shelf jobbie, which isn't the best surface to plonk a turntable on, So - Turntable Isolation.

I really like the piano black finish of my deck's plinth, so didnt want to take away from that?
    Turns out Pro-Ject do their own matching turntable platforms - cool.

The thicker and heavier ones only come in gloss grey, but there is one thats matching piano black.
    Its still a 1" thick heavy slab of MDF with damped cone feet, so good enough for me, especially considering I'm throwing more than just the platform into the Isolation mix.

Piano black, matches the turntable

Couple of extra things I did to better isolation of the deck:

Had some SoundDampedSteel isolation plates kicking around unused https://sounddampedsteel.com/hifi/ so used these between the turntable feet and the platform
    (I designed the laser engraved aluminium Logo plate in work and added that on. Matches the platter )

So thats the Turntable/platform interface taken care of, still the platform/ glass surface to do.

Ordered some isolation pucks for between the Platform's conical isolation feet and the glass surface.
    Had a lot of success with products from Herbies Audio Labs in the States for speaker and hifi rack isolation, so looked to them for this too.

I'm taking the deck into Jonny at Audio Origami glasgow to rewire the arm with Cardas silver cable next, then calling it done until I get a Cart upgrade.
    Thinking Hana ML or Ortofon Cadenza black.

See how it plays out.
    Last edited by Gazjam; Yesterday at 15:22.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Martin.

I like that support plinth. Classy!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast