+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2019 Update Thread - My final system I think.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    What phonostage are you using Gaz?
    I'm using a PS Audio Nuwave phono converter Oliver

https://www.psaudio.com/products/nuw...ono-converter/

Dont feel as though I'm missing out on anything with this, and looking forward to trying out it's digital box of tricks at a later date.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post

Dont feel as though I'm missing out on anything with this, and looking forward to trying out it's digital box of tricks at a later date.
    Oh, I'll have a look into that.

Glad the rega has rekindled the analogue for you mate. Sometimes, a change can do wonders.

I'm Grant.

I have a similar type of phono; in that it can play it digitally on fly at several rates.. Mine is a fair bit cheaper than Gary's tho.. a project ds2 usb
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Vinyl rips were another reason I pushed the boat out and got the P10.

I wanted my rips to be as good as possible...so source first.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm James.

Hows it going with the P10 Gaz, bin playing much vinyl?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post

I use the PS Audio NuWave phono converter also. I was thinking of trying the Chord Huei but have put that on hold as I’m very happy with the NuWave.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Gary.

Same here Clive, its a really great sounding Phonostage, even if you strip away all the digital gubbins.

Only see me ever changing it for the new Rega Aura, (heard one - its phenomenal with the Planar 10) but its very spendy, so that's way way down the line.
    My new carts not even broken in yet, so a change to my phonostage is in the distant future.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 07-12-2019 at 14:51.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Hows it going with the P10 Gaz, bin playing much vinyl?
    Sorry Jimbo, just noticed your post there!

Abso-Effen-Lutely mate...
    The more hours I put on the deck the better it sounds, the cart being brand new.
    A happy ending to my vinyl Saga for sure and I’m real happy about that.

When I invested in my Gorbe/SME V/Dynavector “grail” deck I spent “rather a lot” on vinyl at the same time?
    I wanted to get my favourite albums on vinyl that I had “back in the day” when I had my old Planar 2 as well as the newer ones I’d collected on CD over the years since then.
    All those, as well as the albums from my favourite Bands and...well, you get the picture.
    Put it this way, Discogs did rather well.
    Quite the investment and i got a bit obsessive about it at the time if I was honest.
    But hey...job done...right?

Well...
    I began to realise I was listening less and less to vinyl as my digital was sounding more engaging, I’d started to think I’d made an expensive mistake investing in all that vinyl.
    Maybe it just wasn’t for me after all having gone in hard to investing in my digital kit.
    Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Thankfully, it wasn’t vinyl itself, but my pursuit of a Piece of equipment I carried in my head, not my heart...or should I say in my ears.
    Moral of the story kids, listen, listen and listen some more to kit before you spend big on it.
    Cool to have a “grail”, but you need to enjoy it too.

Zap forward to Rega’s latest and greatest. Holy hell...
    Different flavours...maybe, but I like this one a whole heap better.
    Hearing subtleties I didn’t know was there in stuff I’ve been listening to for over 30 years and I’m rediscovering WHY I liked my favourite albums with the new P10.
    SO glad to have those albums I love on vinyl.

Musically it’s all out there, and interestingly doesn’t sound like Traditional vinyl reproduction, and not digital either.
    Its something else, but whatever it is it’s all about the music, not the hifi, and it’s an absolute blast.
    it’s going to get better as the carts fully running in too.

Tonight, listening to an old Lp of Karajan’s take on Vivaldi’s 4 Seasons, bought the record nearly 30 years ago when I was at College.
    Cinemascope full colour reproduction in the room with you, massed strings, individually nuanced and tonally coloured are bouncing off the Venue walls, each section timbre and tone different, placed in this huge cavernous space behind my speakers.
    Never heard anything sounding more “You are there in the venue” than this.

You can “feel” the musicians playing off each other, just how good the orchestra is playing as one and all the subtleties in between.

Its amazing, and WAY beyond what I was able to hear with my previous deck, great as that was.
    The P10 is a wonderful way to experience the Life in music.

Fallen in love with vinyl again James, funny old road how I got here but hey...it’s all good.
    A big punt, sure, but it’s all there in every note played and then some.

Happy chocolate button here, and grateful for what I have in this.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 09-12-2019 at 19:59.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Gary.

So uhm...yeah.
    Enjoying vinyl again.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm James.

Thanks for the update mate. Interesting how your TT has gone to the extreme in low mass and produces such an amazing result. Just show how different ways of thinking can be so effective.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast