I really thought these were keepers - my last ever buy but money is tight and the increasing need to buy a newer car means they have to go. No serious interest at the orginal asking price of £2300 so now availble for £1800. Collection only from close to Motorway M1 J27/28 (north of Nottingham)

This pair of monoblocks were custom built by John as mirror images Designed to allow close positioning to speakers or both units on a single rack shelf - probably the top shelf as the transformers are huge, taller than the valves.

Specs

AB1 fixed bias circa 100w
1 RCA input
4ohm and 8 ohm speaker taps
Power switch
1 x JJ ECC81 input valve
1 x NOS USSR military spec 6H8C phase splitter (6SN7 alternative recommended by JW)
2 x matched Gold Lion Reissue KT88

• Serviced, checked, revalved and biased in November 2018
  • 6H8C and GL KT88 fitted

W18cm x L38cm (42cm inc speaker terminals) x H22cm
19kg each

Replacement valves available for £120
1 quad part worn Sovtek KT88
1 quad NOS sovtek KT88
1 pair USSR 6H8C

For those unfamilair with John Wood Amps
At a risk of sounding like a fanboy I think I can honestly say that most people who have owned John Wood's amps reckon they are the best they have heard/owned. They are hand built, including the transformers, by John in Nottingham. Build quality is exemplary although the looks might be considered a tad functional. You will note for example on the power amps how the transformers are set at 90 degrees to maximise performance. What you cant see is the other 2 transformers inside each power amp and the super neat and tidy wiring. pots to adjust overall bias and bias on each output tube.