+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese & Japanese Asian instrumental music recommendations

I'm Lee.

Default Chinese & Japanese Asian instrumental music recommendations

Happy Christmas and New Year everyone.

I am following a great show on Netflix at the moment called ‘Rise of the Phoenixes ‘ set in China during the Tainsheng empire. I’m totally hooked even after 60 episodes.

Anyway, back to the topic I love soundtracks in films like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon,* House of flying daggers and Hero and I am struck by the Asian instrumental music in these films as well as Hans Zimmer in The Last Samurai.

Does anyone have any recommendations or artists and where to start looking and purchase?

Thanks
    It’s about the music
    70s Retro Yamaha YP800TT, CA1000Mk2, CT1010

I'm Lee.

Sorry Admin if this is in the wrong section, please move if needed. To be honest I do find it a bit hard navigating the forum.
    Thanks
    Lee
    It’s about the music
    70s Retro Yamaha YP800TT, CA1000Mk2, CT1010

I'm Grant.

its fairly logical, but takes a bit of time to become second nature thread moved to musical compositions
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Yim Hok Man nice music good workout for your system too. Especially Poem of chinese drum.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm Graham.

Kitaro's Silk Road vol 1 is pretty epic. Its a sonic tour de force and has some incredibly deep bass that will shake your windows with the right speakers �� . You can hear the influence of jarre and vangelis but its uniquely asian, being commissioned for a NHK documentary. One of his earliest, but Kitaro never bettered it IMO.

I'm Martin.

Tagging along, I like to sample the whole menu of music now and again.

Not Chinese but Indian, recently heard a few tracks from Trilok Gurtu. Percussionist , but works with others. Has an Indian jazz vibe.

I'm Geoff.

One of the best sources of discovery is Spotify. There is a superb playlist I follow called 'Indian Chill' and it's a mixture of Indian classical, jazz and fusion. I love the music and the sound quality is often startling. The difficulty is often then buying the stuff you hear as it's often not readily available.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Martin.

Thanks just had this playlist on for an hour and could happily listen to another 2 hours. Its startling how good spotify sound quality can be. I think its more about the quality of the master recording than the sampling rate of the copy.

I'm Geoff.

The Indian Chill playlist Discopants?
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    The Indian Chill playlist Discopants?
    Yes mate.

Also stumbled on the yesterday , very relaxed and chilled mix

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=emENMmsTeQw

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast