+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ello John dya drive a motor"

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Bring back Rockin' Horses I say.
    Saw one in a shop in Shrewsbury - it was about 3 grand, and it wasn't even road-legal
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Shaun.

LOL, I just typed a response to this thread but then deleted it. I have used the roads since 1976 mainly on motorcycles. My safety is my responsibility, it is not another person's. Once you are smashed and broken, blaming someone else is not a lot of good. The possibility of suffering permanent brain damage in a crash means that even if it is not your fault, you'll never know.

I'm Steve.

Agree 100% Shaun - no shortage of knobheads on the road, but it is up to us (as far as possible) how we deal with it, hence "defensive" riding/driving. Being in the right means nothing when you're brown bread.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Agree 100% Shaun - no shortage of knobheads on the road, but it is up to us (as far as possible) how we deal with it, hence "defensive" riding/driving. Being in the right means nothing when you're brown bread.
    I work on the bubble principle personally.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    I'm up in arms, most of the above is rubbish.

Why a power limit? What would it achieve. In a lot of occasions power will avoid an accident. Pulling out of junctions, overtaking etc, risk is proportional to exposure.

We need drivers to learn to drive not the stupid, inadequate current Driving Test.

Unfortunately all this is arbitrary, our society is broken. There is no courtesy no manners and a f*ck you attitude prevalent.

Gary
    I don't know, my car is about 220bhp, I wouldn't mind losing 120bhp on the proviso I could keep the 275ft/lbs from 1800-45000rpm lol
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I don't know, my car is about 220bhp, I wouldn't mind losing 120bhp on the proviso I could keep the 275ft/lbs from 1800-45000rpm lol
    But we really need to torque (sic) about bhp/ton ( or the equivalent in metric) so I have a low in one car of around 250 and 400 in another, DC motors give torque from virtually zero rpm, but I don't know of any DC motor that will rev at 45000 shaft rpm?

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    My safety is my responsibility, it is not another person's.
    ...... Is only half the story, everyone else's safety is my responsibility too.

No good being sorry when someone else is brown bread.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    ...... Is only half the story, everyone else's safety is my responsibility too.

No good being sorry when someone else is brown bread.
    True enough, but defensive riding/driving means assuming everyone else is an idiot and putting yourself in the best position and at the best speed to (a) make yourself visible to other road users, and (b) be ready to react to a hazard as early as possible. I'm sure driving like this would help keep everyone safe.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    But we really need to torque (sic) about bhp/ton ( or the equivalent in metric) so I have a low in one car of around 250 and 400 in another, DC motors give torque from virtually zero rpm, but I don't know of any DC motor that will rev at 45000 shaft rpm?

Gary
    Good point, I may have accidentally added an extra 0 lol
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Good point, I may have accidentally added an extra 0 lol