+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ello John dya drive a motor"

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    I'm up in arms, most of the above is rubbish.

Gary
    Quite right. I should have suggested a blanket speed limit of 50 mph. Not 60 mph.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dominic.

Allowing a 1.5 metre gap when passing cyclists? Have the dickheads who promulgated this ever driven around rural Cornwall?
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The 'tour de france' types are annoying though and it is a good job I don't drive as the temptation to just nudge their back wheel and send them spinning off would be too great for me to resist.

I think a better solution would be to build cycling Neurburgrings in every town, where they can pay a fiver and spend the day cycling round and round. I'm sure the attraction would be the same (whatever that is, I've never understood it) and then they wouldn't be bothering anyone else. If you are just using the bike to get to the shops or to work that would be okay to carry on with as long as you cycle slowly, safely and on the pavement where possible.

I see people cycling down the dual carriageway causing all sorts of problems and taking their lives in their hands when right next to them is a ten foot wide pavement with no pedestrians for miles. What's that all about?
    It's because the road sweepers don't bother with the roadsides, so the cyclists get lots of punctures. Largely because modern cycle tyres are based on condom technology. We should be throwing lots more money at keeping these lanes clear for cyclists. And maybe put canopies over these lanes so they don't get wet when it's raining.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The engine size limit is probably a good thing, but more important would be a power limit.

No domestic vehicle actually needs more than 100 bhp, in fact if being realistic, 75 bhp would be adequate. The 'boy racers' would of course be up-in-arms at such a suggestion. It will come anyway, sooner or later. In any case, the important thing is useful torque and flexibilty and electric vehicles will deliver this.

Eventually, vehicles will be area speed limited. Probably controlled by something like GPS or localised ground stations of some sort. A blanket max limit of say 60 mph will hurt nobody, but would make travelling boring (or is that 'more boring'?)
    Yeah let's just stop everyone from doing anything. Why shouldn't I have a 500BHP car if I want one? What happened to the freedom of the individual?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    It's because the road sweepers don't bother with the roadsides, so the cyclists get lots of punctures. Largely because modern cycle tyres are based on condom technology. We should be throwing lots more money at keeping these lanes clear for cyclists. And maybe put canopies over these lanes so they don't get wet when it's raining.
    And have those little stands every few hundred yards where people hand them bottles of water as they go along. And people going really slow on motorbikes with a pillion rider filming them so when they get home they can downlead it and watch themselves.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

I see these 'mobility scooters' now that have a proper roof on them. They look pretty good, no licence required. Just soup it up a bit and lose some of the weight by discarding all the trim and they might take over from cars for urban transport. A bit like the Sinclair C5 except not quite as shit. And legally you have total right of way over every other vehicle or pedestrian on those things. I think. Certainly many of the people using them act like that's the case.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Don't get me started on pedestrians!

The way I see it:

People who are able, ride a motorbike.
    People who can't, drive a car.
    People who can't even drive a car, we call them pedestrians.
    People who are too impatient to walk, but too tight to pay for petrol, insurance, etc, these are your cyclists.

Of course there are exceptions, all of whom are AOS members.
    Well I hate cyclists, I can't stand the gear they wear or the superior looks they give you as if they are the chosen ones to be on the roads. Of course the first thing they will tell you is not only are they keeping fit but also saving the world as they are not polluting the place. They forget to tell you that their bicycle is electric and they charge it up using energy causing pollution and they are not really getting fit because the electric motor is doing all the work, or that they only get on the thing for an hour a week to show off, and the rest of the week swan around in their big engined luxury high end cars.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    So would you advocate a test for a horse on the road as well then, or perhaps a pedestrian test as well then.
    No..Horses and pedestrians are ok...well that is until you sit a pedestrian on the horse, or strap the horse to one of those 2 wheeled buggy contraptions, so 2 pedestrians can ride on it... then the trouble starts again
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    No..Horses and pedestrians are ok...well that is until you sit a pedestrian on the horse, or strap the horse to one of those 2 wheeled buggy contraptions, so 2 pedestrians can ride on it... then the trouble starts again
    Bring back Rockin' Horses I say.
    Last edited by AJSki2fly; 27-12-2018 at 13:47.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

I don't think anyone here is implying that all cyclists are bad, just enough of them to give cyclists a bad name. If the law dealt more harshly with these individuals, it would be better for all of us.

I'd love to be in a position of power where I can force cyclists to have a licence. So that I could revoke my brother's, who can't do anything (including cycling) without it becoming a confrontation with anyone with the gall to be anywhere near him.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast