+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Does Your Wife/Partner Like Bass?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    For me it'll be like a roller coaster at Alton Towers where you have to queue all day. After reading about them on this thread, I looked into those JBL 4367's and they look like just the ticket. But first I will need to sell the old speakers, my bike, the car, and my body. Then I will find that my puny SET amp needs changing too, because that roller coaster needs a bigger motor to drag it up the hill.

Oh and get myself a bigger listening room.

With perseverance and money we'll get there eventually, if we don't die first.
    The picture I posted is of the 4365 which are 10 grand so you might have to sell Mrs Pony too. Although that would kill two birds with one stone.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lee.

Women probably have forums where they complain about men not being able to smell flowers

I'm Grant.

women are always talking to each other about their flowers
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    women are always talking to each other about their flowers
    It may seem that way, but sometimes they may be discussing Harry Potter films when they talk about wizards' sleeves. Or the quickest way out of Liverpool when they mention the Mersey tunnel. Or that film starring Jason Statham, Brad Pitt and Vinnie jones. Can't remember its name.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

I dont understand this because it just has to be a good quality bass relative to the sound.....when the bass goes low it can really enhance the record....Im thinking James Blake off the top of my head or any track where that bass hits 20hz in a more subtle way if I can put it like that.

Im not talking brash thumping bass or some subwoofer units which are often tweaked up far too much. I have PA speakers with 12" drivers...yes they go brash at extremes but at lower levels they are very good. You can have 12" drivers in your home as they dont take up that much more room than a mid sized speaker with stand

The Royd Minstrels put out superb bass for what they are so the bass doesnt even have to come from big drivers to give a feel of satisfaction. The thing with the minstrels is that the bass doesnt feel artificially enhanced which some smaller speakers are guilty of.

Bass is needed and recording tech has got better. Ok some people dont like boom boom dance music but the lower registers in a good pop or classical track really make it.

Even at my budget level I can get a sense of bass done properly. It doesnt have to be overwhelming in a bad way

I'm Gary.

Mrs Gaz has one of those wedge shaped Pure clock/radio/CD alarms on her bedside table, according to her the only difference between that and my system is that mine is louder.

FFS
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Mrs Gaz has one of those wedge shaped Pure clock/radio/CD alarms on her bedside table, according to her the only difference between that and my system is that mine is louder.

FFS
    Yeah but does yours tell the time?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post

FFS
    At least my Mrs does appreciate the sound of my system.
    She says she's been spoiled by my system and that if I snuff it a cheap setup wouldn't be good enough

I'm kind of pleased with that unsolicited review!

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    At least my Mrs does appreciate the sound of my system.
    She says she's been spoiled by my system and that if I snuff it a cheap setup wouldn't be good enough

I'm kind of pleased with that unsolicited review!
    I take that to mean that when you snuff it she'll get the Xtremes:wink:

I'm gone.

No, I don't think she meant it like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456