+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Your Wife/Partner Like Bass?

I'm Dave.

Default Does Your Wife/Partner Like Bass?

Is it just mine who's hates bass ? every time I think wow listen to that track the wife says whats that muffled sound ? BASS ! Sounds horrible.

If she had her way we would be listening to a cheap radio with a high pitched tinny speaker, with a mono tv.

They just don't seem to get it with quality hifi/surround sound ? must be in their make up ??
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Deleted.

Perhaps she is just more critical of bass quality than you are... .. .
    Account Deleted

I'm Geoff.

Maybe it the bass type she doesn't like.

Rear ported speakers don't work for me. I never got my Dynaudio Contour 1.3 Mk.II's sounding right, just lots of accentuated bass drone (if that makes sense). And they cost me a sight more than any of the big Tannoys I usually opt for, they do good bass slam!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Simon.

Mine's all about the bass.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Perhaps she is just more critical of bass quality than you are... .. .
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm James.

Does she work for Linn?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm gone.

Wifey is not at all keen on deep bass.
    She really hates 'subwoofer bass'.

Which is OK with me as it is seldom found in my music choices.

She thinks my system has too much bass.
    Which is correct as there is a room resonance bass hump of a few dB that I quite enjoy so leave it unattended to.
    Last edited by jandl100; 27-12-2018 at 07:07.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Wifey is not at all keen on deep bass.
    She really hates 'subwoofer bass'.

Which is OK with me as it is seldom found in my music choices.

She thinks my system has too much bass.
    Which is correct as there is a room resonance bass hump of a few dB that I quite enjoy so leave it unattended to.
    If she says the bass is giving her a headache, it's probably due to the fact that men's brains have a higher mass and so resonate at a lower frequency.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Let's face it chaps, we're hobbyists and gear frieaks in addition to hopefully loving the music too. 'We'll' make all manner of excuses for our often shit sounding but blingy stereo's (our rooms usually finish off the cacophony) and our lady? Partners come straight to the point as they couldn't give a stuff about the gear or what it looks like, but often they DO love good music too... Mine was quite happy until we moved here and acquired a bad room for bass (I've discovered ) and has been most vociferous about my speaker shenanigans ever since the active ATC's were sold (there's a moral here I must follow up on in 2019 ).

Maybe the moral is to take our partners to local acoustic music venues regularly so we both get a taste for 'reality' here - the local pub on a jazz night or summat, or a local samba group ? Hopefully that'd give both parties an idea of what proper bass should sound like - maybe the sub could be ditched - most are crap with music anyway ime...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Tony.

There is another solution chaps, let your other half have their own system, it works for me the good lady even has her own listening room as well, she prefers much bigger fuller bass than myself which is why she has four large drivers for the bass in her system.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast