+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59

Thread: Audio / HiFi goals for 2019 ?

  1. #41
    Join Date: Aug 2010

    Location: Stroud, Gloucestershire , UK

    Posts: 678
    I'm Jake.

    Default

    Having promised Iíd settle with a simple integrated and finding two very good ones Iíve thrown myself a right curve ball by buying a Gordon Welford preamp. Itís clearly world class, so I plan to have some fun playing with power amps to see what matches best.

    Canít see myself changing source much, as the SL10 is a great deck whilst we have a young family and the Lampi dac is a killer.

    I should probably buy posher speakers, but Iím still in love with the XL Frugalhorns. They just sound so right here.
    Technics SL-10/many carts - Modded Sonos/Lampizator DAC - Aurorasound Vida - Phase Style 6SN7 preamplifier - Phase Style triode SE monoblocks - Ian's Frugal horn XL

  2. #42
    Join Date: Oct 2008

    Location: Glasgowshire

    Posts: 7,175
    I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    sell off most of my spare speakers... they wont cost who comes too much but i could do with the room so spare room becomes a room again. no plans in concrete yet but might think of an endgame amp, or a pre for what i have. im going to be a bit better off next year so i might find funds
    Go for it Grant!
    Your only Young once!
    Last edited by Gazjam; 07-01-2019 at 18:50.
    I have hifi n stuff.

  3. #43
    Join Date: Aug 2010

    Location: Stroud, Gloucestershire , UK

    Posts: 678
    I'm Jake.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I'm not feeling the need for major changes atm, very happy and a bit wary of change just for the sake of it. -- yes, this really is me.


    Very conscious that I nearly made a major boo-boo when I 'upgraded' the valves in my Herron pre. ... I nearly sold it before realising that the pre's magic was dependent on the stock EH valves. I might try some gold pin EH in 2019.

    A couple of bits are on the way from China - a linear PSU for my W4S reclocker, and a grounding box as I have been intrigued by the very positive comments on these devices by a couple of folks.

    Might also invest in the top of the range W&M speaker cables as I really like the cheaper ones already in my system.

    Perhaps 2019 will be a year of consolidation, making the best of a system that already hits the spot.
    Who are you? And what have you done with Jerry?
    Technics SL-10/many carts - Modded Sonos/Lampizator DAC - Aurorasound Vida - Phase Style 6SN7 preamplifier - Phase Style triode SE monoblocks - Ian's Frugal horn XL

  4. #44
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 56,076
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I'm not feeling the need for major changes atm, very happy and a bit wary of change just for the sake of it. -- yes, this really is me.


    Very conscious that I nearly made a major boo-boo when I 'upgraded' the valves in my Herron pre. ... I nearly sold it before realising that the pre's magic was dependent on the stock EH valves. I might try some gold pin EH in 2019.

    A couple of bits are on the way from China - a linear PSU for my W4S reclocker, and a grounding box as I have been intrigued by the very positive comments on these devices by a couple of folks.

    Might also invest in the top of the range W&M speaker cables as I really like the cheaper ones already in my system.

    Perhaps 2019 will be a year of consolidation, making the best of a system that already hits the spot.
    Got a set of w & m cables coming too. Need longer ones very soon. I was going to make some but not really up to that at moment so ordered a set of those. The looked decent for money. Any good Jerry?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

    **Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

  5. #45
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 56,076
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Go for it Grant!
    Your only Young once!
    Going for it mate
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

    **Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

  6. #46
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Forest of Dean, Glos

    Posts: 11,146
    I'm Jerry.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Got a set of w & m cables coming too. Need longer ones very soon. I was going to make some but not really up to that at moment so ordered a set of those. The looked decent for money. Any good Jerry?
    The LS-02 speaker cables are excellent - best I've heard in my system.
    I've a pair of the top o' the range LS-06 on the way

    Not heard their interconnects (yet). They don't seem to come along much in the UK - I had to order the LS-06 new from a French dealer.
    Jerry

    Internet streaming > Benchmark DAC1 HDR > Krell 400xi or Crayon CFA-1 amp > MBL 116F speakers
    Cables - RS Audio Duet (silver/palladium) (Krell amp) or Black Cat Neo Morpheus (Crayon amp) interconnects, DNM Resolution speaker cables, Wireworld Starlight USB.

    Internet streaming > Audiolab MDAC > TPA3116 amp > Infinity Cascade 9 speakers & Jamo SUB200

  7. #47
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Forest of Dean, Glos

    Posts: 11,146
    I'm Jerry.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordmortlock View Post
    Who are you? And what have you done with Jerry?
    Jerry

    Internet streaming > Benchmark DAC1 HDR > Krell 400xi or Crayon CFA-1 amp > MBL 116F speakers
    Cables - RS Audio Duet (silver/palladium) (Krell amp) or Black Cat Neo Morpheus (Crayon amp) interconnects, DNM Resolution speaker cables, Wireworld Starlight USB.

    Internet streaming > Audiolab MDAC > TPA3116 amp > Infinity Cascade 9 speakers & Jamo SUB200

  8. #48
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 56,076
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    The LS-02 speaker cables are excellent - best I've heard in my system.
    I've a pair of the top o' the range LS-06 on the way

    Not heard their interconnects (yet). They don't seem to come along much in the UK - I had to order the LS-06 new from a French dealer.
    Think mine are ls1. 19mm outer. I needed longer. Think these are 2.5m length
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

    **Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

  9. #49
    Join Date: Mar 2017

    Location: Seaford UK

    Posts: 901
    I'm Dennis.

    Default

    Well, with my new speakers I am now unhappy with my FM sound which screeches the top end even more than did the original ESS Heils, The ADAM Heils go up to 50k.

    So I am questioning the AVI s200 Mk ii tuner, and mad though it is considering a Magnum Dynalab one, yes even for maybe two years. Does anyone have one, and are they really that spectacular?

  10. #50
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Forest of Dean, Glos

    Posts: 11,146
    I'm Jerry.

    Default

    Do you really think that you can hear up to 50khz?
    Jerry

    Internet streaming > Benchmark DAC1 HDR > Krell 400xi or Crayon CFA-1 amp > MBL 116F speakers
    Cables - RS Audio Duet (silver/palladium) (Krell amp) or Black Cat Neo Morpheus (Crayon amp) interconnects, DNM Resolution speaker cables, Wireworld Starlight USB.

    Internet streaming > Audiolab MDAC > TPA3116 amp > Infinity Cascade 9 speakers & Jamo SUB200

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •