+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Audio / HiFi goals for 2019 ?

I'm Jake.

Having promised Iíd settle with a simple integrated and finding two very good ones Iíve thrown myself a right curve ball by buying a Gordon Welford preamp. Itís clearly world class, so I plan to have some fun playing with power amps to see what matches best.

Canít see myself changing source much, as the SL10 is a great deck whilst we have a young family and the Lampi dac is a killer.

I should probably buy posher speakers, but Iím still in love with the XL Frugalhorns. They just sound so right here.
    Technics SL-10/many carts - Modded Sonos/Lampizator DAC - Aurorasound Vida - Phase Style 6SN7 preamplifier - Phase Style triode SE monoblocks - Ian's Frugal horn XL

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    sell off most of my spare speakers... they wont cost who comes too much but i could do with the room so spare room becomes a room again. no plans in concrete yet but might think of an endgame amp, or a pre for what i have. im going to be a bit better off next year so i might find funds
    Go for it Grant!
    Your only Young once!
    Last edited by Gazjam; 07-01-2019 at 18:50.
    I have hifi n stuff.

I'm Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I'm not feeling the need for major changes atm, very happy and a bit wary of change just for the sake of it. -- yes, this really is me.

Very conscious that I nearly made a major boo-boo when I 'upgraded' the valves in my Herron pre. ... I nearly sold it before realising that the pre's magic was dependent on the stock EH valves. I might try some gold pin EH in 2019.

A couple of bits are on the way from China - a linear PSU for my W4S reclocker, and a grounding box as I have been intrigued by the very positive comments on these devices by a couple of folks.

Might also invest in the top of the range W&M speaker cables as I really like the cheaper ones already in my system.

Perhaps 2019 will be a year of consolidation, making the best of a system that already hits the spot.
    Who are you? And what have you done with Jerry?
    Technics SL-10/many carts - Modded Sonos/Lampizator DAC - Aurorasound Vida - Phase Style 6SN7 preamplifier - Phase Style triode SE monoblocks - Ian's Frugal horn XL

I'm Grant.

I'm not feeling the need for major changes atm, very happy and a bit wary of change just for the sake of it. -- yes, this really is me.

Very conscious that I nearly made a major boo-boo when I 'upgraded' the valves in my Herron pre. ... I nearly sold it before realising that the pre's magic was dependent on the stock EH valves. I might try some gold pin EH in 2019.

A couple of bits are on the way from China - a linear PSU for my W4S reclocker, and a grounding box as I have been intrigued by the very positive comments on these devices by a couple of folks.

Might also invest in the top of the range W&M speaker cables as I really like the cheaper ones already in my system.

Perhaps 2019 will be a year of consolidation, making the best of a system that already hits the spot.
    Got a set of w & m cables coming too. Need longer ones very soon. I was going to make some but not really up to that at moment so ordered a set of those. The looked decent for money. Any good Jerry?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Go for it Grant!
    Your only Young once!
    Going for it mate
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Got a set of w & m cables coming too. Need longer ones very soon. I was going to make some but not really up to that at moment so ordered a set of those. The looked decent for money. Any good Jerry?
    The LS-02 speaker cables are excellent - best I've heard in my system.
    I've a pair of the top o' the range LS-06 on the way

Not heard their interconnects (yet). They don't seem to come along much in the UK - I had to order the LS-06 new from a French dealer.
    Jerry

Internet streaming > Benchmark DAC1 HDR > Krell 400xi or Crayon CFA-1 amp > MBL 116F speakers
    Cables - RS Audio Duet (silver/palladium) (Krell amp) or Black Cat Neo Morpheus (Crayon amp) interconnects, DNM Resolution speaker cables, Wireworld Starlight USB.

Internet streaming > Audiolab MDAC > TPA3116 amp > Infinity Cascade 9 speakers & Jamo SUB200

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmortlock View Post
    Who are you? And what have you done with Jerry?
    Jerry

Internet streaming > Benchmark DAC1 HDR > Krell 400xi or Crayon CFA-1 amp > MBL 116F speakers
    Cables - RS Audio Duet (silver/palladium) (Krell amp) or Black Cat Neo Morpheus (Crayon amp) interconnects, DNM Resolution speaker cables, Wireworld Starlight USB.

Internet streaming > Audiolab MDAC > TPA3116 amp > Infinity Cascade 9 speakers & Jamo SUB200

I'm Grant.

The LS-02 speaker cables are excellent - best I've heard in my system.
    I've a pair of the top o' the range LS-06 on the way

Not heard their interconnects (yet). They don't seem to come along much in the UK - I had to order the LS-06 new from a French dealer.
    Think mine are ls1. 19mm outer. I needed longer. Think these are 2.5m length
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dennis.

Well, with my new speakers I am now unhappy with my FM sound which screeches the top end even more than did the original ESS Heils, The ADAM Heils go up to 50k.

So I am questioning the AVI s200 Mk ii tuner, and mad though it is considering a Magnum Dynalab one, yes even for maybe two years. Does anyone have one, and are they really that spectacular?

I'm Jerry.

Do you really think that you can hear up to 50khz?
    Jerry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast