+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Christmas has arrived new SEG

I'm Dave.

Default Christmas has arrived new SEG

Ordered a new SEG from Stan about 3 weeks back and boxed it up for Christmas Day, all connected up and in the system, and await a bit of burning in, but its dam good out the box. Powered by a Linear 15v PSU.

I put my older Music Fidelity in its place as I sold my Caimen to a relation when I bought the new SEG, and was surprised by how much better the Caimen was over my older MF DAC.

New SEG with the 15v Linear sounds amazing, with the upgrade of my Wharfedale 9.1s to Dali Zensor 3s its like listening to a new system, which to a point it is.
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Dave.

Stans new SEG has around 40+hours on it now and having a couple of hours spare so I opted to put the MF V-Dac back in the system for a back to back now being used to Stans new SEG,

To say I was surprised would be a understatement, the V-Dac sounded shallow and lacked the detail I had been listening to over the last 40+hrs, In fact the DAC in the Pioneer Network Player sounded better, and that says something. The V-Dac was removed and Stans put back in the rack, upon firing back up I immediately saw the difference,

Well pleased with the new SEG and another upgrade thats worked out very well, next is the PSU enhancer Stan spoke to me about.
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

+ Reply to Thread