+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Regrets , I'v had a few

I'm joe.

Not doing an MA straight after my BA when I would have a) got a full student grant and b) had my fees paid. OTOH, I was fed up with studying at that point, so probably would have chucked it in halfway through.

Hifi-wise; none, really. I've tried most of the stuff I wanted to try, and am happy with what I've currently got. Could probably do with selling my excess bit and bobs though.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    What happened there then?
    He didn't keep a check on the valves, despite being told to check them and keep an eye on the valve life counter + he put it a cabinet with no ventilation. Fucked it so badly it needs to go back to T+A, he won't do it, nor will he allow me to buy it back to get it fixed.
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    He didn't keep a check on the valves, despite being told to check them and keep an eye on the valve life counter + he put it a cabinet with no ventilation. Fucked it so badly it needs to go back to T+A, he won't do it, nor will he allow me to buy it back to get it fixed.
    What an idiot - I really hate it when people abuse or neglect quality gear.
    Barry

I'm Rich.

I regret thinking I wanted to get back into Linn, a Majik, LK140 & Karik later I realise it wasn't for me anymore. Good solid sound but not what I like now. I can see why it's called flat earth kit.

Having said that, we've got a set up of a Rega deck, Majik amp and beefy B&W standmounters at my other half's house and its always a pleasure to listen to.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    I regret thinking I wanted to get back into Linn, a Majik, LK140 & Karik later I realise it wasn't for me anymore. Good solid sound but not what I like now. I can see why it's called flat earth kit.

Having said that, we've got a set up of a Rega deck, Majik amp and beefy B&W standmounters at my other half's house and its always a pleasure to listen to.
    I quite like the Linn Karik. Has a tidy kind of sound about it. But it's also a tad dry.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    I quite like the Linn Karik. Has a tidy kind of sound about it. But it's also a tad dry.

S.
    It's a good player, would hold its own in a system. If I hadn't had something else planned I'd have hung on to it.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Dennis.

Having the family background I did. Abusive father destroying my self belief and confidence in my ability.

Hence no degree - self doubt - should have had a PhD and had my own major player speaker company by 30.
    But my background formative years made me so rebellious that I joined the hippy rebellion, at least in spirit in my own way.

'Corrupt capitalism', 'Sick society' etc, and sacked twice from Gov't depts. for exposing corruption, unfortunately to the corrupt.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    'Corrupt capitalism', 'Sick society' etc, and sacked twice from Gov't depts. for exposing corruption, unfortunately to the corrupt.
    Yeah they don't hand out medals for rocking the boat do they?

Still you've made it this far and you're still breathing, what else matters? - that's what I tell myself anyway.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    What an idiot - I really hate it when people abuse or neglect quality gear.
    I am sorry I sold it to him
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234