+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary things Alexa and Siri say

I'm Neil.

Default Scary things Alexa and Siri say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfxA4NpwVBw&t=332s

Scary stuff. I don't want one of these things anywhere near me. How long till we have SkyNet
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

its only as scary as folk make it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I'm surprised this kind of thing doesn't happen more. All of these devices are sort of connected, just like every town and city is connected by roads. I reckon one echo is responding to a question received by another echo due to some kind of glitch.

For example, the Chuck Norris thing may sound a bit sinister, but chances are someone elsewhere in the country asked Alexa for a Chuck Norris joke - a quick google will show dozens of chuck Norris jokes, each one sillier than the last. Eg. When the bogeyman goes to sleep at night he first checks under the bed for Chuck Norris.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

they can pick up things from tv or folk speaking that triggers them to listen. if you want to cover yourself you can switch the mic off; well you can on my 2. your windows pc is probably more invasive tbh as can your phone.
    someone said to me, dont buy chinese phones, they are spying on you....i said goodness, they are easily pleased listening in on my conversations..
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

How far are we away from good voice technology...you know when you can have a real conversation with AI......know what I mean....Im a bit bored tonight (Insert name) lets have a chat while you select me some music...like you are speaking to a human that can have a laugh and knows how you tick......you can sense my mood so talk to me

We are a way off yet...at the moment I find the technology ridiculous in its infancy

I'm malcolm.

Don't have a problem with our Alexa...our daughter so named back in 1983!!
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Martin.

Just been at m brother's for xmas, he has an Alexa and it is the most useless piece of tat I have come across in a long while.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Just been at m brother's for xmas, he has an Alexa and it is the most useless piece of tat I have come across in a long while.
    much depends on your accent. also you need to install little ifttt apps so it can run and connect with devices etc
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    much depends on your accent. also you need to install little ifttt apps so it can run and connect with devices etc
    I know some people love messing about with all that stuff just for the sake of it, which is fair enough, but I really don't see the point. I want telly I switch the telly on, I want music I switch the hi-fi on. We managed to get by perfectly well without all that stuff for years, I just don't see how it adds any value to anything. It's just a gimmick and not a very good one. 'Artificial Intelligence'? What a joke that is. Will never happen.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I know some people love messing about with all that stuff just for the sake of it, which is fair enough, but I really don't see the point. I want telly I switch the telly on, I want music I switch the hi-fi on. We managed to get by perfectly well without all that stuff for years, I just don't see how it adds any value to anything. It's just a gimmick and not a very good one. 'Artificial Intelligence'? What a joke that is. Will never happen.
    ive got 2, but dont use much. sometimes get them to read audiobooks, which they are good for. background local music maybe... alarms and timers etc. can read you the news etc but i dont use them for anything else and not often. I could do without
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast