+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bargain IEMs

I'm steve.

Default Bargain IEMs

Having recently begun subscribing to Amazon Music I thought it would be a good idea to start using my iPhone rather more for listening to music on the go. So far I’ve not used it a great deal as I could never get the Apple Earpods to stay properly in place for any length of time, so I decided to think about some aftermarket in ears. A friend of mine who is quite heavily into mobile music recommended I check out the KZ brand, he himself having some of their KZ AS10s which he’s really happy with. Checking online the brand seems to have a large number of models from under £10 to over £100, the technology being a mix of dynamic and balanced armature drivers, some models having as many as 5 drivers per earpiece, not wanting to spend a great deal I looked at the lower end and finally decided on a pair of their ES4’s, this one having 1 dynamic driver and 1 balanced armature driver per earpiece. Ordered them from GearBest at a cost of just £11.62 including delivery.
    They took about 10 days to arrive and I’ve now been using them for a few days. For the price they are built nicely with a good quality detachable braided cable, they are supplied with 3 different sizes of earbuds. As my only experience with in ear phones is Apple Earpods that’s the only thing I can make a comparison with, tbh the ES4s completely blow the Earpods out of the water for sound quality, assuming you get the best fitting buds on them the sound balance is exemplary from top to bottom, bass goes deep and is pretty solid, midband is very clear and open with very good detail levels and treble quality is very good with no nasties of any kind. One useful thing is they have a pre formed wire spring in the cable end to facilitate the cable going behind the ears so I won’t have them dropping out of my ears like the Earpods often did.
    For the money I think they’re a no brainer for anyone wanting to upgrade from freebie earbuds that come with smartphones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Luis.

I have dozens of iems and had many others and just dont buy them anymore from china. Those kz have quite a hype but I find them, on the photos, too bulky. My experience with iems tells me that not just the sound is important. The confort over a couple of hours, microphonics, wax accumulation, cable durability, etc...are has important.

Enviado do meu HTC_M10h através do Tapatalk

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by SantanaCorreia View Post
    I have dozens of iems and had many others and just dont buy them anymore from china. Those kz have quite a hype but I find them, on the photos, too bulky. My experience with iems tells me that not just the sound is important. The confort over a couple of hours, microphonics, wax accumulation, cable durability, etc...are has important.

Enviado do meu HTC_M10h através do Tapatalk
    Some of the KZs are a little bulkier than mine but I find the ES4s very comfortable certainly for an hour or two. The cable is not prone to microphony as far as I can tell. I always clean my ears prior to a listening session so I don’t generally have a problem with wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread