+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New pi stuff

I'm Darren.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    It was recommended to me buy Antonio here. I asked Firebottle his advice and he said it wouldn't give 3A, nearer 2.7/2.5a. That's fine for the pi.
    Indeed.

Thanks for sharing, I'd be interested in your thoughts compared to the standard SMPS, when it arrives. I've heard the Spotfire so trust your ears

Sorry for the thread drift.
    Darren.
    Listening Room.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    Turn Table. Garrard 401, Reso Mat, 2 Tier Slate Plinth, DIY Hadcock GH242, Nick G modded Lentek, Denon DL-103.
    Pre Amp. Croft Super Micro2. Power Amps Quad 405 Mono Blocks.
    Speakers. TBC

Home Cinema.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    DAC/Pre Amp. Denon AVC X3700H.
    BDP/Streamer. Panasonic DP-UB820EB / Apple TV4K.
    Display. Optoma UHD51 / DIY False Black Window Screen.
    Power Amps. 2 x Nakamichi AVP1.
    Front Speakers. DIY Baby Celestion Ditton 66. Surround Speakers. Celestion Ditton 11. Subwoofer. BK Electronics P12 300SB PR.

Old Gallery. http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-of-the-70%92s

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenHW View Post
    Indeed.

Thanks for sharing, I'd be interested in your thoughts compared to the standard SMPS, when it arrives. I've heard the Spotfire so trust your ears

Sorry for the thread drift.
    No apologies necessary! It's all related. I'll update the pi in the sky thread I made.

I'm Dave.

Dilemna time

I've done some tests on A123 cells and they seem close to ideal as a power source. I cannot test the noise performance but output impedance and load transient response is "more than adequate".

I lashed 6 cells together to provide +/-10V for my active crossover and had a listen. The resulting sound is boring and bland. Where did all the dynamics go???
    Now, I admit that I didn't remove all the decoupling as some are prescribing. But I've been through decoupling experiments with this kit before and as far as I'm concerned the standard engineering method (local small electrolytics with reasonable ESR and a 0.1uF ceramic as close to the load as possible) works and sounds best.

Once again I find I'm alone in my conclusions.
    Actually I'm OK with that. My system only has to please me.

I've put my name down for the GB for al Ian's battery powered stuff and I don't know whether or not to bottle it now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234