+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New pi stuff

I'm Simon.

Default New pi stuff

Loads of new bits coming from one of diyaudio's most prolific designers, IanCanada.
    There's some Twisted Pear parts in the last image, I'll be building Pi, Fifopi reclocker-DOP boards, A123 battery psu, ESS9038qm dual mono dac and ess controller board and both the Lundahl balanced traffo output and the op-amp boards.

Fifopi, reclocker board, dual XO, swapable clocks, multiple local reg stages.

Dual 9038qm ESS dac board with DOP/DSD and pcm to 768khz

ESS dac controller board

And the daddy pi PSU.

Multi-rail, smart charged LiFePO4 battery supply.

and what do you make with it all....!!!

It's going to be a busy new year.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    and what do you make with it all....!!!
    I'm not sure it would look quite as impressive with Duracells. I presume you'll have a mechanical connection to bring a connection to that pot at back left, to the front.

Overall - rather lovely
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Simon.

I think he's just slapping things down wherever at the minute. There's two displays, one for the battery board and another for the ESS controller. The ESS controller board can be offloaded via an IDC cable and the battery board display on 2.5mm headers.

I'm not expecting any change from £600 for this lot inc the Lundahls and a case.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Andrew.

Blimey, just bloody blimey! Impressive!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Tony.

Still do not understand why they are using batteries?, how much inducted noise by flying leads?, I could go on lol

The boards look nicely laid out in fairness, and anyone wanting to play about with a PI it would help no end plus massive scope for tinkering the ddac BOYS HAD BETTER WATCH OUT!

Pretty soon you will be looking at an all in one in a single box for threepence hep-nee which will sound not to shabby at all.

Ebay mentality, just a thing of the past, you will all be speaking with a Yorkshire accent

Just feeling mischievous for once!
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Simon.

He's using batteries because they're lower noise than lt3045 regs when done right. Being off-grid helps with coupled noise as well, small currents, low voltages I'd assume the short cables add bigger all, but layout is optimised for a vertical, double pi width stack.

I'm keen on it largely due to the dop board and it in output stage. If its good enough it'll replace the Brooklyn.

I'm Dave.

I've been watching those threads over on DIYAUDIO for a whie and this looks a very interesting project.
    What's not at all clear though is what the commercial details are: prices, GB closing dates, is the list of names an interest check or a commitment to buy?

I'm Simon.

Prices will be sorted based on potential sales, so when he has a number he'll know. People usually drop out and jump in, so it evens out. He usually judges it just right so he has a handful of bits left over. I'd expect he'll get indicative pricing in a couple of weeks, then announce a confirmation request and close date, final pricing at that point and payment from then. It's not his first rodeo, I think this is his third annual group buy, it must be a massive task; 100+ guys wanting gear from a selection of 10 items to various locations across the globe.

I'd imagine that a fifopi, ess dac board, output board, controller and psu board is going to be around the $450-500 mark + shipping etc. But that's a wild guess.

I'm Dave.

Thanks Simon. Yes, it must be one hell off a task and I don't want to be one of the ones that drops out.

I really cannot make my mind up on this. It could be great and certainly looks good on paper, but digital seems to be something of a lottery.

I'm Simon.

I run a Mytek Brooklyn DAC currently. I expect this to be better in every measurable parameter, the PSU will crap on the Brooklyn, the dac chips, clocks and input options are more flexible and its not knackered by MQA.

What dac are you currently running, anything left field?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast