+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chromecast Audio

I'm Gary.

Default Chromecast Audio

Following on from a previous post.

The Google website has instructions for setting up output to get best SQ by option setting " Full Dynamic Range". While this is available on analogue option and should be selected, the instructions do not make any reference to when the connection is optical.

With an optical cable is inserted this option is automatically enabled and the option does not appear in settings.

This applies to the latest firmware.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Following on from a previous post.

The Google website has instructions for setting up output to get best SQ by option setting " Full Dynamic Range". While this is available on analogue option and should be selected, the instructions do not make any reference to when the connection is optical.

With an optical cable is inserted this option is automatically enabled and the option does not appear in settings.

This applies to the latest firmware.

Gary

I was able to get this option a few weeks ago when I set mine up, will check again tonight but I'm sure the "Full DR" is available with optical (maybe only recently)
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Gary.

Sorry I was being a dumbass Full DR is available from Google as a selectable. Max SQ from GCC is automatically selected with optical output and does not appear as selectable.

My fingers did not type what my brain was thinking

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    I was able to get this option a few weeks ago when I set mine up, will check again tonight but I'm sure the "Full DR" is available with optical (maybe only recently)
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Sorry I was being a dumbass Full DR is available from Google as a selectable. Max SQ from GCC is automatically selected with optical output and does not appear as selectable.

My fingers did not type what my brain was thinking

Gary
    Haha happens to the best of us.

Nice of them to do some of the leg work for us, they know people using optical want the best SQ

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

+ Reply to Thread