+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your Xmas System wish list?

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Somebody's been to see Mik (unique audio) recently I feel
    Well it was over 2 years ago, and I do not intend to go again in the near future or have a long conversation with Mik about hifi, although we do chat now and then. Every time I tap hifi with Mik I seem to get an overwhelming desire to buy some that is beyond my means and definitely moving to wards inducing the parting of me and SWMBO. So I avoid too much contact.

I still say that the system I heard at Mik's is the best I have ever experienced in 45 years of listening to various its of kit, some mine and others not.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

Bigman80 Guest

As I'm pretty much further on the journey than I thought I'd be at this point, my 'dream' changes/system is not quite as far fetched. The mantra has been and will continue to be performance beyond £.

In 2019, I'd like a couple of minor changes.

I'd like a pair of speakers.

Dream speakers: Focal Scala Utopia

Realistic: God knows where I'll end up. Tannoys aren't off the menu but hoping to have a loan of some JMlabs so will see what happens there.

I'd also like another phonostage just for fun. Likely to be SS so

Dream SS Phonostage: Paradise? Maybe something else like a Vida. Dunno. Like I said, it's just for fun so not really bothered.

Realistic: X1 (DIY phonostage Angus is working on) or Valab LCR phonostage or OTP3 (Firebottles new work) or whatever comes up at the right money. Like I said, just a bit of fun.

Lastly, and most likely,

A rebuild of the Kontrapunkt b.
    I'd like it to be a Vienna rebuild so WRD, Vienna

Bigman80 Guest

Phone won't let me edit that, weird!!

Cont....

Vienna suspension, replicant stylus etc. It's be difficult to beat that cartridge for less than £2k so I'd be pretty much finished in terms of upgrades.

I'm Andy.

I got my Xmas wish: A minty boxed pair of Ref 3a MM De Capos. I have fancied a pair for years but it was worth the wait.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I'd like it to be a Vienna rebuild so WRD, Vienna
    Why would they name a cartridge after Rigsby's cat? Must be some big Rising Damp fans at Ortofon I guess.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Why would they name a cartridge after Rigsby's cat? Must be some big Rising Damp fans at Ortofon I guess.
    More to the point, why did Midge Ure write a tribute song to a moggy?

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Somebody's been to see Mik (unique audio) recently I feel
    Haha - yes, I recognised a Mik system straight off as well.

Rockport tt. Check.
    F*ck off big Jadis amps. Check.
    Rockport speakers. Check.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    I got my Xmas wish: A minty boxed pair of Ref 3a MM De Capos. I have fancied a pair for years but it was worth the wait.
    Very nice. I'd like some myself.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Adrian.

Happy Christmas, I remember reading that they are rather good speaker and tonally very good, enjoy.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Neil.

Very nice speakers, a man of taste.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast