+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Xmas System wish list?

I'm Adrian.

Default What's your Xmas System wish list?

So for a bit of fun I thought if money was no object what would be your perfect system.

So here's mine

Rockport Technologies System III Sirius turntable and tonearm only about £70K, cartridge extra

Jadis JPS-200MC Mono Pre-amplifiers each with own PSU, a snip at around £45K

Jadis JA200 Mk.II monoblock power amplifier around £40K I believe

Rockport Technologies Cygnus, a snip at around £80K a pair

I would allow another £60-120K for cartridge, phono cable, interconnects and speaker cables

So a budget of £300-350K

I actually heard this system but driven with a SME 30/12 and the listening experience was just sublime, Eva Cassidy singing Fields of Gold sounded as if she was at the mic stood on front of me, just magical. The dealer told me the Rockport made it even better.

Better send my letter to Santa quick.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Shane.

Sugden Grande Mono's pushing some large Proac's. Linn CD12 CD Player.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Sugden Grande Mono's pushing some large Proac's. Linn CD12 CD Player.

S.
    A more conservative system for around £100K then.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Phil.

yes would love a arc ref LS28 if one turned up , more realistic cost than the ref 6 really and i get nervous if i have too expensive stuff in case it has to go back for repair
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Adam.

I know it’s sad, but all I’d probably do is upgrade my arm and cartridge to an SME V and Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement V2 and add a Naim CD-555 and PS-555.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Robert.

I'm a bit sad too as I'd probably just try out a different deck for reference against my current modded Techie.

So money no object would be SP10 MK3 and / or Sony PS-X9

Tonearm would be best I could get hold of with on the fly vta.

Groove tracing-music extraction duty would be courtesy of Ortofon A95, actually money no object so Ortofon Century
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Grant.

If right set of monos came up at right price I would maybe be interested but biggest wish would be a adj gain mm stage or a high gain one as bluetoothing it is a little low and no adjustment. Maybe a inline pot too.
    I know it doesn't sound hifi but it is lol

Will hopefully upgrade to a faster pc too so I can stream using higher rates if I want maybe with a pc that only runs the music programs.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

A decent listening room ....

And then fill it with some MBL Reference Line components.

And then keep going.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    A decent listening room ....

And then fill it with some MBL Reference Line components.

And then keep going.
    You can save some money, as their preamp won't be as good -as what you currently have ( needing putting together ) - but otherwise MBL speakers are on my Xmas wish list too

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    You can save some money, as their preamp won't be as good -as what you currently have ( needing putting together ) - but otherwise MBL speakers are on my Xmas wish list too

You are quite correct Chris, I can save myself thousands by skipping the preamp. (plans are afoot on the build btw. )
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast