+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Xmas System wish list?

I'm Martin.

I'll take a Paradise phono stage and a Martin Logan pre amp please Santa. Oh and throw in a spectrum analyser too. Always wanted one of them:

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'll take a Paradise phono stage and a Martin Logan pre amp please Santa. Oh and throw in a spectrum analyser too. Always wanted one of them:

Treading on thin ice with some people. I think you either love or loathe them.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

That would be Mark Levinson then

I'm Edward.

Joking aside with the MBL kit one thing I am considering having Santa give me as a belated xmas gift is the RME DAC.

A couple of years ago I auditioned the ADI2 Pro (which the RME DAC is based on) and was blown away with the quality of the sound.

Has a pretty cool spectrum show as well. Useful for the inbuilt 5 band parametric equaliser.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    That would be Mark Levinson then
    That'll be the one. Must be the lack of booze, my head's going.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Joking aside with the MBL kit one thing I am considering having Santa give me as a belated xmas gift is the RME DAC.

A couple of years ago I auditioned the ADI2 Pro (which the RME DAC is based on) and was blown away with the quality of the sound.

Has a pretty cool spectrum show as well. Useful for the inbuilt 5 band parametric equaliser.
    Yes those RME are quite tasty, I have also been toying with the idea of getting one. Most DACS look so boring that I can't get interested in them. I'll put one of those on my list too
    Current Lash Up:

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

ATC SCM150
    Hegel H590
    Roon Nucleus +

. . . probably

(and a big warehouse loft to put it in!)

That'll do for me.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm David.

My begging letter to Santa went in weeks ago, http://www.lumenwhite.com/mystere_uk.html

I'm Martyn.

As it’s now Christmas Eve I will disclose my ‘dream system.’
    The time is the mid. 1970s and what I really wanted was an Acoustic Research system.

AR XA, with a Shure cartridge, running into an AR Receiver.
    A pair of AR3a speakers on suitable stands.
    No ‘exotic’ interconnect and speaker cables to consider.

No doubt many will tell me what was wrong with such a system, but it was what
    I wanted...

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    So for a bit of fun I thought if money was no object what would be your perfect system.

So here's mine

Rockport Technologies System III Sirius turntable and tonearm only about £70K, cartridge extra

Jadis JPS-200MC Mono Pre-amplifiers each with own PSU, a snip at around £45K

Jadis JA200 Mk.II monoblock power amplifier around £40K I believe

Rockport Technologies Cygnus, a snip at around £80K a pair

I would allow another £60-120K for cartridge, phono cable, interconnects and speaker cables

So a budget of £300-350K

I actually heard this system but driven with a SME 30/12 and the listening experience was just sublime, Eva Cassidy singing Fields of Gold sounded as if she was at the mic stood on front of me, just magical. The dealer told me the Rockport made it even better.

Better send my letter to Santa quick.

Somebody's been to see Mik (unique audio) recently I feel
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast