+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Humax Foxsat HDR plus internet

I'm Dave.

Default Humax Foxsat HDR plus internet

Not sure if this is the right place for this post.

I'm trying to sort out wiring etc. for satellite TV. The immediate thing is to get the Humax Foxsat PVR working again.
    I noticed as I plugged it in that it has an ethernet connection, but I don't recall that ever being any use on this model.

For the moment I've left the internet cable out, but I wonder if this unit will actually do anything useful if it is connected.
    I looked at the manual to see if there's anything, but it says it's for future use. I wonder if there have been any upgrades for this model which would cause anything to happen.

I also found a page about Freesat + Internet, and it looks as thought newer PVR models do have on demand channels and apps - presumably rather like the Roku, Now TV, Amazon Fire and smart TV interfaces. So did Humax just leave the early models out to dry, or is there an upgrade I can do which will enable on demand features on this box?

I won't bother unless there's an easy/reliable upgrade, as I have other ways of getting the features on other kit, and I don't want to upset the operation of this unit.
    Dave

I'm Grant.

Think its for contents sharing with other devices such as PC and NAS through Home Networking. Also could be used for updates to software I guess.
    You can also access the BBC iPlayer service, and others this way.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

That's what I expect - though I think the box as it is now might just ignore it all. I think a software upgrade would be needed to make it work.
    There's no guarantee that'd do anything either, as a Manhattan box which did do catchup on iPlayer stopped working with that a year or two back due to system changes at the broadcaster's end. Manufacturers often give up on upgrades if they feel that there's not enough demand, or if the hardware is too challenged to keep track of system changes.
    Dave

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    That's what I expect - though I think the box as it is now might just ignore it all. I think a software upgrade would be needed to make it work.
    There's no guarantee that'd do anything either, as a Manhattan box which did do catchup on iPlayer stopped working with that a year or two back due to system changes at the broadcaster's end. Manufacturers often give up on upgrades if they feel that there's not enough demand, or if the hardware is too challenged to keep track of system changes.
    Yes that is a major issue. One of my Panasonic TVs stopped working with You Tube recently
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 23-12-2018 at 16:27.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread