+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dorado PSU powering Raspberry Pi

I'm Bill.

Default Dorado PSU powering Raspberry Pi

What do you think fellas, is this possible?
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

At the moment the answer is no.
    The RasPi needs 5vdc.
    The Dorado outputs 12-15vdc.

http://www.homehifi.co.uk/S/tc-7320.htm
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

Stan is working on a 5v version afaik
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Bill.

Was thinking about those 12v to 5v step down cables, but if Stan has a 5v in the pipeline.......

I'm Grant.

a cable would defeat the purpose ... im hoping stan gets one to market as i fancy one too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    What do you think fellas, is this possible?
    I admire your music taste Bourneendboy - saw Spacemen 3 sitting cross legged at Leicester University in the Summer of '89 (still have the ticket stub in the booklet of my Playing With Fire CD)....

Will Carruthers' book is a masterpiece......

Looking forward to hearing "Playing With Fire" with a Dorado 5v powering my Pi / Wolfson Audio Card into my SEG (with Dorado 15v).
    Adam.

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Theadmans View Post
    I admire your music taste Bourneendboy - saw Spacemen 3 sitting cross legged at Leicester University in the Summer of '89 (still have the ticket stub in the booklet of my Playing With Fire CD)....

Will Carruthers' book is a masterpiece......

Looking forward to hearing "Playing With Fire" with a Dorado 5v powering my Pi / Wolfson Audio Card into my SEG (with Dorado 15v).
    They certainly were/are a great band. Luckily got to see them live 10 times and was blown away every time!

I'm Alastair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    Was thinking about those 12v to 5v step down cables, but if Stan has a 5v in the pipeline.......
    Its not just the voltage. The RPi needs up to 2.5A. The Dorado delivers only a few 100 mA, because that's all the SEG needs. I use a £5 step-down converter with a 12V battery for the RPi which sounds better than the 5V USB output from the same battery.

The Dorado is excellent at 15V (with the mods) but in my system at 12V I did not discern any real difference between it and an albeit much more expensive 12V LiFePO4 battery.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Alp View Post
    Its not just the voltage. The RPi needs up to 2.5A. The Dorado delivers only a few 100 mA, because that's all the SEG needs. I use a £5 step-down converter with a 12V battery for the RPi which sounds better than the 5V USB output from the same battery.

The Dorado is excellent at 15V (with the mods) but in my system at 12V I did not discern any real difference between it and an albeit much more expensive 12V LiFePO4 battery.
    Can you link the step-down you use? I'm thinking of doing the same

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Alastair.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Can you link the step-down you use? I'm thinking of doing the same

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    You can find it here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192516236497. Its got 4 USB ports and a bright blue LED. Size wise it is about 4x6x2 cm, so pretty small.

I have since upgraded my battery for the RPI to a chunky PowerOak 50000Mah and tried with an without the upconverter and cannot tell the difference with using the 5V output and the up converter using the !2V and 2)v outputs from the battery, so I no longer use it. If you want to avoid the wait to get it from China, PM me.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast