I recently purchased a Pathos Classic Remix, and just wanted to highlight the great service I received from Robbie @ Audio Oasis.*
I'm definitely one of the first to moan about poor service, especially in the HiFi world as I have*experienced a lot of pretty useless and uninterested*dealers upon my travels with box swapping, but dealing with Robbie has been nothing but first class.*

Initially contacting them with interests in the Pathos, led to a no quibble home demo, and then further allowances to try out the two DAC units Pathos supplied for the Classic RM, and after deciding to purchase, a great price - he was also gave pretty fair trade in values on bits and bobs I was planning to use as PX value. I didn't opt for these in the end, but it was great to know I wasn't being fleeced if I went with the trade in.

Robbie is a true gent, and one of those old school type folk that know the best way to try new kit is at home within your own environment. There is no sales push, and no extra costs involved. It was a relaxed transaction, with tonnes of after sales back up support - and he has such patience and perseverance considering I changed my mind about the DAC module*a couple of times!

He also*sent me a new set of the Rosso Fiorentino 'Elba' speakers to sample.*Those speakers are absolutely storming, magical even - sadly they were to*big for my room, but if anyone has a medium size + room and wants a fantastic set of hand made Italian floorstanders which give such a natural 'live music' sound should definitely check them out. HiFi choice gave them a five star rating when reviewed, and they are definitely worth*that award, it's just a shame there hasn't been more traction in the marketing for them in this country. The build quality is phenomenal.It was sad to see them go, but they are powerful units and just not suitable for*my little flat....but they will always be at the back of my mind if I move home!

The Pathos Classic Remix is absolutely sublime. I opted for the earlier HiDac1 module which contains the BurrBrown chip, the later HiDac2 has the ESS Sabre 9018, which to those measurement and reference fans out there will probably be more suited, but the BB for me just gives a much more natural presentation, especially in the vocals. Sadly the EVO project has been discontinued, so we wont see a steaming option for the time being which is very sad as it would lift the Classic RM to a new level.*

So really, just a thanks and thumbs up to Audio Oasis, credit where credit is due, anyone looking at purchasing new toys should definitely check them out.

http://www.audiooasis.co.uk/