+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pursuit Perfect System - YouTube

I'm Shane.

Default Pursuit Perfect System - YouTube

Anyone else watch some of his videos? Without a question the chap is shilling etc but I do find some of the content fun to watch. Helps to pass some time

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I'd quite happily punch the idiot on the nose then shove him down a ravine - if only YouTube had an ignore feature, so I could obliterate him from my life.

Utter pillock IMHO

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Martin.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...EEA6&FORM=VIRE

Let's set up speakers so big they almost reach the ceiling, 9 boxes to feed them, speaker cables like tow ropes - with cable lifters (!), then play material so simple it would not challenge the abilities of a Sharp music centre from 1975.

Then we move onto the system with a forty grand anti vibration rack to support...solid state amps and dacs that you could just plonk on the floor for all the difference it would make. Forty grand! Worth watching just for that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

The guy in the cagoule didn't last long, perhaps his hood was messing with the soundstage.

I want those speakers though - if I move the cat's scratching post over I could just about accommodate them.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    The guy in the cagoule didn't last long, perhaps his hood was messing with the soundstage.

He's just realised that he's reached the maximum safe level of exposure to plinky-plonk. Off to the bar, have a few beers whilst levels return to normal, then back in to hear more audiophile standard recordings of blokes hitting blocks of wood with sticks.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I don't always agree with everything he says, but the only audio YouTuber I can relate to is John Darko, who seems more grounded than a lot of the others. I take most with a pinch of salt.

With pretty much all of them it's difficult to tell what's a shill or not, as everything is wonderful apparently. They forget to declare a lot of the time whether it's a free sample or if they've actually bought it because they think it's good. I think this should be a given when reviewing stuff on YouTube, then you can decide if you believe them or not knowing their involvement. Otherwise it's little more than a cheap advert on behalf of the manufacturer.

Awful lot of tosh out there, on forums and YouTube and an awful lot of very susceptible people.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Steve.

In 1969 I took part in a school production of "The Turtle Drum". Venue was Preston's prestigious Public Hall, and I even got my picture in the Evening Post. My role? hitting two pieces of wood together, which I did so badly, it got a mention in assembly the next morning.

But at least I'd done it for free. That set up in the video could never catch all the nuances of my performance no matter how much money was thrown at it.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    He's just realised that he's reached the maximum safe level of exposure to plinky-plonk. Off to the bar, have a few beers whilst levels return to normal, then back in to hear more audiophile standard recordings of blokes hitting blocks of wood with sticks.
    I shouldn't judge by appearances, but I'm betting that guy brought his own flask and butties.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Deleted.

I’ve heard a number of the big PMC speakers and, they don’t really do anything for me sonically.

I don’t mind this chap either, his reportage is a bit mechanical but otherwise he’s just reading out the brochure etc.

That Vertere, PMC demo is just dire - I’ve been to thousands of similar dems. Who on earth though it would be a good idea to play smooth Jazz?
    Account Deleted

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I don't always agree with everything he says, but the only audio YouTuber I can relate to is John Darko, who seems more grounded than a lot of the others. I take most with a pinch of salt.

With pretty much all of them it's difficult to tell what's a shill or not, as everything is wonderful apparently. They forget to declare a lot of the time whether it's a free sample or if they've actually bought it because they think it's good. I think this should be a given when reviewing stuff on YouTube, then you can decide if you believe them or not knowing their involvement. Otherwise it's little more than a cheap advert on behalf of the manufacturer.

Awful lot of tosh out there, on forums and YouTube and an awful lot of very susceptible people.

John Darko is a fun watch. Never arrogant and not full of himself.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast