I've been hovering over the idea of setting up a computer sourced replay set up.
The overall plan is on hold while I am working on the completion of a few ongoing projects.
Following a 'off the cuff' idea, I thought I would have look into different options to replay my FLAC Files direct from the computer.
I am a great supporter of VLC Media Player, it meets my requirements as a decoder and has a user interface I get along with.
Today I discovered 5KPlayer, I read a write up that got my attention and I initiated a 'Free download'
I have been swapping out between VLC and 5K for the past hour+, playing a variety of FLAC files, as a outcome, I am impressed with the SQ being delivered through 5KPlayer against the VLC.
I do not as to date, create playlists, I usually select a album to be played through VLC.
This option does not seem available through 5K, it only seems to allow a selection of a individual track from a album, so I believe all the tracks from a Album will have to be added to a playlist, if a whole Album is wanted to be heard.
Impressed as I am, making playlists, is something I will make time for.
The devices used for the replays are very basic, a Laptop attached to a Bluetooth Speaker, most of my time spent listening to music is through this arrangement. It allows me to enjoy the artists without being analytical, as a bye product, I usually then wish to hear certain artists on the main system. One example being
' First Aid Kit'.
I feel confident, if a replay through 5KPlayer was put through a dedicated system, it would be a worthy rendition, as a added bonus, it is a free download.