+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steve Guttenberg (Audiophiliac)

I subscribe to Earspace, quite refreshing IMHO.

Im not a fan of AV showreports

I like Analogplanet

Lots of guff on YT.

Unboxing, tours of manufactures, walkthroughs of systems/rooms also useful.

Im off now to get my ARC SP10 repaired and upgraded to 2019 spec (tube bluetooth...)
    BigMooG (Jonathan Stanley)
    He says: Decca is Better

Vinyl System: Superficial Engineering hell/p12 turntable (British Leyland suspension upgrade), Jack-a-nori semi mono Cartridge (tooth pick cantilever), STI Klynik XXX tonearm (rewired with Klimacs Kable ), intelligence quotient 161 (mensa) preamplifier with 224 NOS Ssangyong ECC88s and NOS North Korean kim-jong-ill GZ34s, barelyaudible research V.P.L. dual quad mono amplifiers with modified circuit boards (MDF), Gilson W.A.L.L.O.P Ultimate Final V2 loudspeakers, uranium cable loom (mercury vapour upgrade), hysterical research and Dr Mike Amera room treatments-flock wallpaper, yergota bee-joking cryofrozen fuses throughout

Digital system: cd player

I'm Rich.

I watched Steve Guttenberg's video on the subject of whether super expensive cables are snake oil this morning, it put me right off him.

Don't think I'll bother watching any more based on how he came across in that one.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    I watched Steve Guttenberg's video on the subject of whether super expensive cables are snake oil this morning, it put me right off him.

Don't think I'll bother watching any more based on how he came across in that one.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Deleted.

I don’t mind either of them, very different things. Jana is cool, I like the premise and her presentation (I don’t find her geeky at all). I don’t agree with everything SG says though I recognise where he is coming from (even if I would alter the emphasis slightly).
    Account Deleted

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I quite like him too (SG), passion and enthusiasm for something one loves is no bad thing and he talks a lot of sense without being overbearing. I saw him give a very good talk on YouTube at a RMAF about budget HiFi and how the get youngsters into audio. Very good presentation.

Jana is great, I love female geeks they seem a lot more level headed than a lot of male geeks.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Timothy.

Funny, like any of us can really talk, we spend time on an audio forum(and yes, it is a nice place to meet and chat etc.)and drone on about a whole lot of silly ass shite too. Great stuff indeed!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Shane.

Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123