+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: THE ALLO KATANA 1.2 DAC REVIEW - A new ball game

I'm Twisted.

To be fair to Allo, they do provide a leaflet. I just didn't think it applied to me!
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Grant.

fair enough still would prefer they sent all the stuff tho. nowt worse than buying something and cant use it because you need something. fine for folk in the know, but they have to idiot proof it really
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Can the isolator be used with the boss?
    Hi Oliver. The Allo website says yes. I have no personal experience of setting one up or using the Boss.
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmore View Post
    Hi Oliver. The Allo website says yes. I have no personal experience of setting one up or using the Boss.
    Yup, the website doesn't really explain how one would connect the boss from the isolator to be honest, or it does and I haven't found it!

Edit, read the manual, still not sure lol
    Last edited by Bigman80; 21-03-2019 at 13:15.

Yatsushiro Guest

Hi Oliver

I use the Isolator V1.2 with the V1.2 Boss DAC. It's very easy to set up, with just one jumper on the Boss in place or not depending up on whether you are powering the Boss or the Isolator (easier to do than to explain). It's a step up frpom the previous Boss, the Boss 1.2 on it's own and perhaps better than the Piano/Kali set up.
    Last edited by Yatsushiro; 21-03-2019 at 18:16. Reason: Old Age Issues

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yatsushiro View Post
    Hi Oliver

I use the Isolator V1.2 with the V1.2 Boss DAC. It's very easy to set up, with just one jumper on the Boss in place or not depending up on whether you are powering the Boss or the Isolator (easier to do than to explain). It's a step up frpom the previous Boss, the Boss 1.2 on it's own and perhaps better than the Piano/Kali set up.
    Ok!

Finally, someone who knows.

Right, so the isolator is sandwiched between the pi and Boss yes?

Put the jumper back in the boss and power from the Isolator? I'm currently bpowering boss and pi separately.

Yatsushiro Guest

Hi Oliver

Yes, the isolator fits between the Pi and the Boss DAC.

The Isolator requires it's 'primary power' either from a powered Pi, or from the USB C connector (this will then also feed the Pi). Jumper J26 to be set accordingly.

The Isolator requires it's 'secondary' power to be supplied via the Boss DAC, so you use the USB C connector on the Boss, put J25 in place and this will feed the Isolator secondary.

Bigman80 Guest

Hi Oliver

Yes, the isolator fits between the Pi and the Boss DAC.

The Isolator requires it's 'primary power' either from a powered Pi, or from the USB C connector (this will then also feed the Pi). Jumper J26 to be set accordingly.

The Isolator requires it's 'secondary' power to be supplied via the Boss DAC, so you use the USB C connector on the Boss, put J25 in place and this will feed the Isolator secondary.
    Ok, I still don't entirely understand because Im not clued up enough of J26 etc.

Stick a pic up?

Yatsushiro Guest

Can't do a picture right now, but assuming you have the RPI, Isolator & Boss assembled, then:

1. The Boss must be powered directly with a PSU connected via it's USB C connector. Jumper J25 must be closed/in place to provide the Isolator secondary power.

2. The Isolator can be powered (primary power) either directly by connecting a PSU to it's USB C connector (with J26 closed/in place) OR indirectly by connecting a PSU to the RPi microUSB port (with J26 open/not in place)

As I said, easier to do than to explain...

Bigman80 Guest

Can't do a picture right now, but assuming you have the RPI, Isolator & Boss assembled, then:

1. The Boss must be powered directly with a PSU connected via it's USB C connector. Jumper J25 must be closed/in place to provide the Isolator secondary power.

2. The Isolator can be powered (primary power) either directly by connecting a PSU to it's USB C connector (with J26 closed/in place) OR indirectly by connecting a PSU to the RPi microUSB port (with J26 open/not in place)

As I said, easier to do than to explain...
    Ah, now I get it lol.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll be ordering one tomorrow.

O

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast