+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to replace the 9.1s ?

I'm Dave.

Default Time to replace the 9.1s ?

I think its time to upgrade the Wharefdale 9.1s

They have been good speakers but having updated the Amp (Yamaha A-S500) 3 years ago, added a Pioneer Music Streamer@USB Player, a new SEG DAC off Stan with a Linear PSU, and just changed all the interconnects, I feels the next step would be to upgrade the 9.1s.

What I have in mind is either the Monitor Audio BX2 Bronze or the Dali Zensor 3s? I also have a BK 200 Sub to sort out the lower bass.

So interested in comments from members who run either of the 2 mentioned speakers, varied music from Strauss to German Bands, Octoberfest, Country and Western,60/70s.

Thanks

I'm Shane.

I'm selling some Q Acoutics 2010i. Great speakers that punch well above their weight.

No peer pressure from me

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Dave.

Wanted something with 7" Bass/Mid Shane

I'm Shane.

Understood. You will no doubt get plenty good recommendations.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Dave.

Do you have room for floor standers? Some of those can outperform the smaller speakers by a long way, though it does depend to some extent on your music preferences and whether you like your kit to have a definite "sound" of its own.
    Dave

I'm Dave.

No room for floor standers Dave, so bookshelf type on my current stands is my only option I'm afraid.

I see Richer Sounds are selling off the last of the Wharfedale 220s at £119.00 delivered as the new 11.1s have replaced them, sure these would be a upgrade but I feel from reviews that the MA BX2 Bronze or the Dali Zensor 3s would be better than the 220s?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotist View Post
    No room for floor standers Dave, so bookshelf type on my current stands is my only option I'm afraid.
    Surely slim floostanders take up no more roon than stand mounted bookshelf speakers?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotist View Post

I see Richer Sounds are selling off the last of the Wharfedale 220s at £119.00 delivered as the new 11.1s have replaced them, sure these would be a upgrade but I feel from reviews that the MA BX2 Bronze or the Dali Zensor 3s would be better than the 220s?
    If you can find the some monitor audio rx1's they're hugely better than the entry level monitor audios ,great bass too, I thought. Just realised I had the bx2 for a while too, great initial impression, though it didn't take long for them to become headache inducers, in my room
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Surely slim floostanders take up no more roon than stand mounted bookshelf speakers?
    I was thinking of some such, perhaps including some of the Cambridge Audio ones, which work very well for classical music. Probably no good if you want booming bass though. Still, if they don’t fit ...

They might not work in a very small room - I have heard them in modest sized domestic rooms.
    Dave

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The Wife don't like them and the new puppy coming after might ? so stands is my best bet lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast