+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: How Christmasssy is it at your place?

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yeah, in terms of the liquor stock, I'm slowly building up a rather nice 'bar'!
    Recipe here: https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/spi...e-moscow-mule/

The biggest faff was 'juicing' the limes and grapefruits, and de-seeding the pomegranate... The rest was a piece of piss. I rather enjoy the process of making good cocktails, and now have all the 'toys' necessary to do it. I've even got a mould for making perfectly round ice cubes!

Marco.
    Contains grapefruit juice, so might not be good for some people who take medication. Perhaps would still be OK if the grapefruit juice is missed out.

Looks very fruity.
    Dave

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - you need to widen your foodie horizons/educate your palate, and learn to more adventurous! Unfamiliar ingredients only become familiar once you've tried them a few times... One of the things we love most about eating abroad, especially in countries where the language is unfamiliar, is going on an 'adventure into the unknown' with restaurant menus.

It's a great way of being introduced to wonderful new foods that you most likely wouldn't ever have discovered otherwise

Told ya! Goose knocks turkey into a cocked hat - it's a flavour non-contest!

We're either having pan-fried haunch of venison (with a port, redcurrant and juniper berry reduction) or roast pheasant for lunch, on New Year's day. Haven't decided yet...

Marco.
    Any normal person would agree with you 100%, however my ability to broaden my foodie horizons is somewhat hobbled by my not being able to eat raw onion in any of its forms (something I got from my mother who could not even be in the same room as an onion).

I'm usually fine with them in a hot meal provided they are cut fine enough, in fact I do think they often enhance the flavour, but if presented with something which included them in their raw state, I couldn't just pick them out - the whole dish would be a complete write off.

It make for some pretty uncomfortable moments when dining in polite company and presented with something unfamiliar. Sometimes I tell people I have an allergy, and that helps as it seems these days almost everyone is allergic to something.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415