+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Creedence Clearwater Revival Studio Albums box set

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I have none. It's likely to stay that way.
    Everyone needs a bit of 'swamp rock' in their collection.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You don't like Creedence? If I wasn't already sitting down I'd have to sit down.
    They were OK (ish) I guess, but if you'd been going to the average hippy/acid head party circa 1970 and brought a Zappa/Floyd/Jeffersons/Crimson etc., album along nobody would have batted an eyelid, but Creedance would have been regarded as beyond the pale.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Used to have a few Creedence singles in the seventies. These days I have "The Creedence Collection" on vinyl, which is pretty comprehensive. Can't see "Run Through The Jungle", (one of my favourites) on this new one.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yeah - they were OK, but really no more than that. However YMMV.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    They were OK (ish) I guess, but if you'd been going to the average hippy/acid head party circa 1970 and brought a Zappa/Floyd/Jeffersons/Crimson etc., album along nobody would have batted an eyelid, but Creedance would have been regarded as beyond the pale.
    Well I was only 2 in 1970 but when I was older and did go to hippy/acid head parties Creedence was always well received. Mind you so were Crosby Stills and Nash so maybe it was just the drugs?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm barry.

Well I was only 2 in 1970 but when I was older and did go to hippy/acid head parties Creedence was always well received. Mind you so were Crosby Stills and Nash so maybe it was just the drugs?
    Oh the drugs helped.

I'm Geoff.

Mind you so were Crosby Stills and Nash so maybe it was just the drugs?
    Different. They were a serious part of 'the scene' back then (and sounded even better with some mind altering assistance).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

You could never be sure what would sound good till you played it, and then you'd find that pretty much everything sounded good. (Maybe not Cilla Black). Two of my unlikely favourites of the early 70's were "For Your Pleasure" and "Countdown to Ecstasy".
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

The way I see it almost all the good music was composed and probably performed under the influence of drugs so it would make sense to be drugged up whilst listening to it as well. Sort of like an MQA decoder. But with drugs.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    You could never be sure what would sound good till you played it, and then you'd find that pretty much everything sounded good. (Maybe not Cilla Black). Two of my unlikely favourites of the early 70's were "For Your Pleasure" and "Countdown to Ecstasy".
    True. Although you risked being beaten to death if caught putting The Monkeys on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast