+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Creedence Clearwater Revival Studio Albums box set

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The way I see it almost all the good music was composed and probably performed under the influence of drugs so it would make sense to be drugged up whilst listening to it as well. Sort of like an MQA decoder. But with drugs.
    Nail on head mate. So few these days actually realise that. That sort of music was created to be heard when off one's bonce.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The way I see it almost all the good music was composed and probably performed under the influence of drugs so it would make sense to be drugged up whilst listening to it as well. Sort of like an MQA decoder. But with drugs.
    I suggested pretty much the same thing a few months ago, and met with almost universal disagreement. Must have been talking to the daytime "This Morning" and "Loose Women" crowd.

I wonder what would be good "off your face" listening among the stuff being made these days?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I wonder what would be good "off your face" listening among the stuff being made these days?
    Shpongle.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Right- I keep seeing that name in these pages, it's time I found some to listen to.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm barry.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yup I like CCR, but the boxset is overpriced
    £20 per album?

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    They were OK (ish) I guess, but if you'd been going to the average hippy/acid head party circa 1970 and brought a Zappa/Floyd/Jeffersons/Crimson etc., album along nobody would have batted an eyelid, but Creedance would have been regarded as beyond the pale.
    I was, I did and also liked CCR, reggae, folk, and a lot of other stuff...mind expansion is what it's called.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm barry.

My box set has arrived at HMV so I will be picking mine up tomorrow evening (it's a Christmas prezzy), but i can't open until Christmas day.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Right- I keep seeing that name in these pages, it's time I found some to listen to.
    Well worth a listen. the first thing I ever heard was this:-

love em.. some of the live stuff on utube is well worth a look annal

Back on Thread, Creedence were always a little bit looked down on (I'm guilty as charged) so much so that when I picked up a pristine original UK 1st album down the booty ( 10 years ago) it sat in the "To play" pile for 6 months because it was just a CCR album.
    When I finally got to play it my jaw just dropped.. superb grungy dirty swamp rock and a fantastic recording / pressing. it's now a go too album.
    I have most of the recent 180g relishes but they only get played once in a while and I do think that whilst the box set is nice its overpriced..
    I cannot recommend the 1st album highly enough.. The rest IMHO just don't come quite so close..
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Steve.

Thank you for the Shpongle Steve, I'll be giving that a play in a couple of hours when Mrs. P leaves the house. And I'll look into that CCR first album too. I've never really gone beyond their singles output.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    Well worth a listen. the first thing I ever heard was this:-

love em.. some of the live stuff on utube is well worth a look annal

Back on Thread, Creedence were always a little bit looked down on (I'm guilty as charged) so much so that when I picked up a pristine original UK 1st album down the booty ( 10 years ago) it sat in the "To play" pile for 6 months because it was just a CCR album.
    When I finally got to play it my jaw just dropped.. superb grungy dirty swamp rock and a fantastic recording / pressing. it's now a go too album.
    I have most of the recent 180g relishes but they only get played once in a while and I do think that whilst the box set is nice its overpriced..
    I cannot recommend the 1st album highly enough.. The rest IMHO just don't come quite so close..
    Steve as I said it works out at around £20 per album for Abbey Road half speed masters so quite a decent price.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123