+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi there

I'm Chris.

Default Hi there

I live in Orkney, (islands above Scotland) and have slowly built up a collection of vinyl over the last 38 years. Only finally getting a decent deck to play them on two years ago. Which has shown that there are amp problems (one hopefully easy - contact cleaner needed, the other - maybe not, currently needs a wedge between the phono ports to stop huge interference/bad connection), and the speakers are ok but small, run on 1mm copper solid core non-speaker cable. But it's an improvement...
    The whole system has just moved to a smaller room with speakers mounted on a solid block wall and the deck on a much more solid surface - what a difference.
    It's very much on a budget, but I'm liking it so far - it's work in progress. Any advice welcome.
    Cheers,
    Chris.

Systemdek with Syrinx.
    NAD 3130 amp.
    Wharfdale Diamond II
    Pioneer PDR-509 CD.

As for music - pretty diverse - James Taylor to Led Zep.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Orkland; 16-12-2018 at 08:48. Reason: Adding music note

I'm bernard.

Hi Chris
    Welcome to Aos plenty of people here to give you advice.

Regards
    Bernie

I'm Grant.

welcome to the site Chris. sure someone will be able to assist you.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Hi Chris, welcome to AoS.

Loads of vinyl to get through there! That's a good system you've got, worth getting the amp properly repaired at some point, I doubt the problem is anything complex. Although I don't know how many electronic engineers are knocking about up there in the Orkneys!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Chris.

Thanks Bernie, All advice gratefully received. :-)

I'm Chris.

Cheers Grant, Martin and Shane for the replies.
    There will be someone up here who would know about the innards of the Amp, but first off I'll try some contact cleaner, and check inside for something obvious at the phono ports. Surely just old solder or something like that. Hopefully.
    It's all old kit and lain a while, but the CD is going to e now through the amp so fingers crossed for the phono input.
    Early Christmas present if I can fix it!
    Cc

I'm Geoff.

Hello Chris. Welcome to AOS.

You'll find sections here dedicated to just about every aspect of Hi-Fi, so just join in the chat and ask any questions you may have or even start your own threads.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Chris,

Suspect the problem is a faulty joint behind one of the phono sockets. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread