+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One for the Reggae heads out there

I'm Robert.

Default One for the Reggae heads out there

Jah9 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jah9 is a rising artist out of Jamaica.

I'd describe her flavour and flow as deep, roots, conscious, dub, jazzy, progressive, spiritual, intelligent, earthy and organic.....

This track, Natural Vibe is taken from her latest album '9'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C579GwwBiVU

And this groovy infectious beauty, Love has found I can be found on her EP Feelings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEwdYgjzk00

So thats actually two for the Reggae heads enjoy !
    Last edited by RobbieGong; 15-12-2018 at 10:40.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm malcolm.

Also on Spotify
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm John.

Rising? She's been huge for ages. The album Rory produced was released about five years ago.

Agree though, she's a great artist.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    Rising? She's been huge for ages. The album Rory produced was released about five years ago.

Agree though, she's a great artist.

'Huge' to those like u and I into this but not to the masses king,

Indeed, I've been listening to her for years, Avocado (2014) has always brought a smile and cheers me up
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    'Huge' to those like u and I into this but not to the masses king,

Indeed, I've been listening to her for years, Avocado (2014) has always brought a smile and cheers me up
    Fair enough mate. Brothers (not often you hear a positive message about men these days) and Steamers a Bubble are my favourite tunes by Miss Cunningham.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    Fair enough mate. Brothers (not often you hear a positive message about men these days) and Steamers a Bubble are my favourite tunes by Miss Cunningham.

Absolutley John, very refreshing and welcome, there are good men out there and she articulates / expresses that so well - love the conscious sister
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Ian.

I'm liking this artist very much, I'm never to certain what I'm looking for with reggae but this very much fits the bill. The girl has a stunning voice and the feel is sooooooooooo chilled. Love it 10/10
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    I'm liking this artist very much, I'm never to certain what I'm looking for with reggae but this very much fits the bill. The girl has a stunning voice and the feel is sooooooooooo chilled. Love it 10/10
    Top man Ian, you have a sense for 'good' / quality reggae

She is of what I call the 'real reggae' ilk, as in roots reggae, spiritually and socially conscious, culturally secure, deep, self aware, spiritually elevated, connected in respect of nature and humanity, natural as opposed to vain, wordly, self-obsessed 'unconscious'

Pretty much like those before her, Marley, Burning Spear, Tosh, Culture, Abyssinians, Freddie McGregor, Dennis Brown, Gregory Isaacs, Judy Mowatt ......
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Ian.

I get a real feel for reggae, maybe because I'm a lapsed musician, bass and guitar player, bass being my primary instrument. Reggae really feeds into my soul, like an earthy vibe. I listen to perhaps more mainstream music, Steel Pulse, Linton Kwasi Johnson, Yellowman and so on. My musical roots are in 70's punk and there has always been a strange link between the two very different genres. Truth be told I like any music that shows a creative mind willing to explore what it can do. I still get the hairs on my neck tingling when I play the Pistols, 41 years after they hit the big time.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    I get a real feel for reggae, maybe because I'm a lapsed musician, bass and guitar player, bass being my primary instrument. Reggae really feeds into my soul, like an earthy vibe. I listen to perhaps more mainstream music, Steel Pulse, Linton Kwasi Johnson, Yellowman and so on. My musical roots are in 70's punk and there has always been a strange link between the two very different genres. Truth be told I like any music that shows a creative mind willing to explore what it can do. I still get the hairs on my neck tingling when I play the Pistols, 41 years after they hit the big time.
    Excellent !
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast